Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2014, 12:04 am

I know this might be highly controversial but in a sense it might be true to those of us who do not have a belief whatsover because were in the modern era but I do wonder this. There have been many religions and deities much older than Christianity Islam or Judism depicting of gods in order to explain what could not be explained or discovered yet until discoveries were made. At one time the sun was considered a god and the moon was a god as well. In short a god or gods are merely ancient man made concepts to explain how things work and how we should act in order to appease that so god.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2014, 12:26 am

I guess it depends how you define "God". To me it is the energy behind (around, and in) everything, the universe, us, animals, nature in general, planets, galaxies, etc. I don't imagine God as a man sitting on a throne. And to me, eventho I am not actually a Christian, Jesus was enlightened (he could understand and see underlying things that most people don't), and so was Buddha, both after similar experiences. It seems there is quite a few enlightened people in India even right now, who can do amazing things while in a meditative state. Also Buddhists like the Dalai Lama are pretty special.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2014, 1:03 am

To me it it is simply the explaination of what cannot be explained yet what filles the unexplained gaps that science has not filled yet, although science has made many discoveries and filled those gaps like evolution, the origin of life and how the universe and the planet Earth works, it still does not know or provide enough evidence of the big bang or whats on the other side of a black hole. Many theories can be made but those parts are still unknown. To fill those gaps in the meantime is god did it or gods did it although on that part there is no proof of that either.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2014, 1:39 am

I guess like I said it just depends how you perceive God, what "God" is for you, or represents. For me science and (my idea of) God are far from opposite, science explains how things work, and God is the energy in and around everything, "God" or this energy, is the reason why things are there to begin with. In fact the more I know, the more I believe this energy is present. Scientists are divided on this matter (just like anyone I guess), some believe in God (either a religion, or in other ways), and some don't. For example, my Muslim friend that I mentioned in other posts, obviously believes in God, but he is also a scientist.

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2014, 1:46 am

I was forgetting this, I meant to answer your question "did man create God" literally too. My answer to this, from a religious point of view, i.e. the version of God in Holy Books, would be yes. I think in Holy Books they often refer to God as having feelings and emotions that are very human, like anger for example, or jealousy, etc. When they say "God created mankind in his own image", I think it is humans who "created" (or rather "imagine") God in their own image.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2014, 2:35 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODetOE6cbbc[/youtube]

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2014, 2:55 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
Did man create God?

Yes.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2014, 4:36 am

Did Man create God in its image, in light of zero evidence that it was the other way around it stands to reason that Man did.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2014, 4:48 am

TallyMan wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Did man create God?

Yes.
Exactly man did create god!

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2014, 5:06 am

Shadl . I have been wondering why you were a picture of an oil well. I have just now figured out that it's a woman with a parasol.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2014, 9:02 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Did man create God?

Yes.

No, man cannot create anything. At best, we can only manipulate things that already exist...and even the things we can only imagine must first already exist in some form or way in order for that to be possible.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2014, 10:36 am

leejosepho wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Did man create God?

Yes.

No, man cannot create anything. At best, we can only manipulate things that already exist...and even the things we can only imagine must first already exist in some form or way in order for that to be possible.

I can imagine pink flying unicorns... therefore they exist? That barely scratches the surface of the weird and bizarre things my imagination can conjure up... they are real too eh?

Just because someone can imagine something doesn't mean it is real. IMO man created gods in his own imagination; typically as paternal figures, these gods are imaginary friends that people endow with imaginary supernatural powers. None of these wild imaginings make any of these gods real; no matter how much these imaginary friends may give psychological comfort to their believers.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2014, 10:45 am

The question you have to ask is whyyyyyyyyy. Humans are soooo weird! See, this is why I cannot compare them to any other animal. No other species that we know of, can come up with this idea. At the same time, humans suffer psychologically because they constantly think of ways to be more miserable, inflict injury, punish, harm. No self respecting animal puts itself through all that. Just humans.

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2014, 12:24 pm

Stannis wrote:
Shadl . I have been wondering why you were a picture of an oil well. I have just now figured out that it's a woman with a parasol.

LOL I'm glad you figured it out :)

Here is a bigger version of the picture:

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2014, 11:22 pm

TallyMan wrote:
leejosepho wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Did man create God?

Yes.

I can imagine pink flying unicorns... therefore they exist? That barely scratches the surface of the weird and bizarre things my imagination can conjure up... they are real too eh?

Just because someone can imagine something doesn't mean it is real. IMO man created gods in his own imagination; typically as paternal figures, these gods are imaginary friends that people endow with imaginary supernatural powers. None of these wild imaginings make any of these gods real; no matter how much these imaginary friends may give psychological comfort to their believers.
http://joyreactor.com/post/609256 :lol:

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 12:33 am

I think the concept of God was politically motivated. More to those apostles than meets the modern eye.