Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Apr 2010
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,785
Location: Wroclaw, Poland

25 Jun 2014, 2:56 am

In recent tests came out that apart from pollen allergies, I have an allergy to dogs, cats and peanuts.

What is nonsense because in the past I had a dog (a female) for almost 14 years, I also had a cat for about 5 years before unfortunately ate something poisoned and unfortunately died, he was very good and wise kitty :(

What is allergic in cats or dog?


The same is true with peanuts, ate them in large quantities and never get me nothing happened.



trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Dec 2012
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,920

25 Jun 2014, 5:26 am

If you are allergic to cats and dogs, don't eat them!! ! :D

I'm allergic to cats and dogs too, but I've always had cats and had no trouble. Maybe you get used to your own cats?
I think there are proteins in their skin or sweat that some people are allergic to. You could try petting a dog/cat and then touch your eye with your fingers, for me that itches a lot. That is usually the only time I notice I'm allergic.



pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Apr 2010
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,785
Location: Wroclaw, Poland

25 Jun 2014, 5:38 am

trollcatman wrote:
If you are allergic to cats and dogs, don't eat them!! ! :D

I'm allergic to cats and dogs too, but I've always had cats and had no trouble. Maybe you get used to your own cats?
I think there are proteins in their skin or sweat that some people are allergic to. You could try petting a dog/cat and then touch your eye with your fingers, for me that itches a lot. That is usually the only time I notice I'm allergic.



Good joke :D
Of course I do not eat cats, I'm not Alf :D

But I love cats, honest speaking, much more than dogs. Cats seem to me to be more intelligent than dogs. For example, as I closed my cat at night in the toilet (I gave him all his favorite food, he slept in the bath, there was bedding at night)

Sometimes when he was bored and wanted to mischief at night, himself opened the door of the toilet, jumped on the handle and thereby opened the door.



And people say that animals are not smart, my kitten was inteligent a lot.

Generally had a very good life, I live on the ground floor is also my cat to leave the house when he wanted to, usually returned for the night, but in the winter usually do not go out at all,



Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jul 2012
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,944

26 Jun 2014, 1:58 am

Allergic to cats or dogs, means that you are allergic against a certain stuff in their spit. Because of them cleaning themselves with their tongues and spit, that gets spreaded on their hairs, so people often think that the allergy is about animal hair, when in reality its about the spit on the hair.

However, just like autism, allergies are on a broad spectrum and depending on much stuff. If you have an horrible hairy cat, that looses tons of hair each day, then the hair including the spit on it, gets spreaded in your whole flat and will cause you far more trouble, as if you have a cat, that hardly looses any hair.

As well that being allergic can mean light reactions or heavy reactions. My mom lives with a cat, and is fine as long as the cat is forbidden to be in her sleeping room, and as long as she washes her hands regularly. When my sister visits our parents, she gets reactions only from entering their house. Allergies run in my family, and while my sister and mother need to be very careful about dust = special vacuumer, no carpets, in worst case even life threatening asthma breathing attacks when exposed to small amounts of dust.... , luckily dust is the only stuff that I am slightly allergic too. In an amount, that if I work the whole day long in an dusty roof level or whatever, I better wore a minor protection mask or I will have some raspy lungs for 1-2 days. If my mom did so, you better call the ambulance.

If the test showed, that you have allergy towards cats and dogs, that simply means that your body shows some kind of immune-reaction, when exposed to their spit, that is above average. It does not mean, that you need to drop dead automatically. Some allergic people die from a single bee stings, some allergic people simply get at the spot with the bee-sting a bit more swollen then others, so as long as they dont have sting-spots around their breathing areas, they dont really need to care for it.



Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Apr 2012
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,379
Location: Scandinavia

26 Jun 2014, 1:38 pm

Schneekugel wrote:
Allergic to cats or dogs, means that you are allergic against a certain stuff in their spit. Because of them cleaning themselves with their tongues and spit, that gets spreaded on their hairs, so people often think that the allergy is about animal hair, when in reality its about the spit on the hair.


There are many ways you can be allergic. You can also be allergic to chemicals in cat urine that's used to mark their territory, or the pigments in the hairstrands. Cat spit containst powerful enzymes, that work the same way as soap.


_________________
“He who controls the spice controls the universe.”