Anyone a fan of the Jak and Daxter games?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Civ001
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jun 2014, 2:38 pm

I would like to know is there anyone here who is a fan of the Jak and Daxter games? Growing up these games were the best as a kid. I would like to know what did you think about the J&D series growing up and did you like them?

ZpykeEboto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jun 2014, 5:32 pm

I loved the first one. I played it many times. The second was okay, but had some things I really nitpicked about. The third I didn't finish. If I remember right, the third was just racing, almost, wasn't it?

I do own the PS3 HD collection, though, and I've been meaning to finish it at some point. Just those damn gun training rooms. I can't get silver, let alone gold, on those things.

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jun 2014, 4:44 am

I like the first game more than any Ratchet and Clank, and I think it might even be my favourite 3D platformer, but the sequels were pretty awful in every way and even as a teen I knew the shift in tone was dumb.

Diabolikal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jun 2014, 7:50 pm

Almajo88 wrote:
I like the first game more than any Ratchet and Clank, and I think it might even be my favourite 3D platformer, but the sequels were pretty awful in every way and even as a teen I knew the shift in tone was dumb.

What, are you insane? Seriously, i'm asking you that based on your comment.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

02 Jul 2014, 1:14 am

I grew up with the games too. Loved them. :D

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jul 2014, 3:23 am

Diabolikal wrote:
Almajo88 wrote:

What, are you insane? Seriously, i'm asking you that based on your comment.

Not sure which part of that you object to but the Jak and Daxter sequels being disappointing is a fairly common sentiment to the point where I'd say it's the most popular opinion of those games.

Vertex
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Jul 2014, 9:51 pm

I played 2 & 3. Loved them both. The second one had an almost GTA feel.

That world will cease to be

- Miraak's Mantra

TheTrueMayhem
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jul 2014, 7:53 pm

(Sorry if I'm bumping an old thread :P)

You better believe I am! Those games were a staple of my childhood. All three of them, including the Combat Racing game. I even played Daxter on the PSP, which I don't think I ever finished.

I'm surprised with the amount of fandom-related content that I've seen revolving around the series.

TigerEyes91
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Jul 2014, 8:28 pm

I bet if I posted the same thing it would get 0 replies XD But yes, I played the games all the way up to the Jak X: Combat Racing game, and even Daxter on the PSP. I loved every single game I have played in the series, and enjoyed how it took a dark turn starting with the 2nd game. It made Jak an interesting character.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 9:40 pm

It's too bad PCSX2 has trouble with games using the Jak and Daxter engine, because I'd really like to check that series out again. My PS2 is currently sitting in pieces buried in a pile somewhere at a friend's house, and my copies of the games are at my mom's place. :(

TigerEyes91

01 Aug 2014, 12:33 am

I don't even have my old PS2 nor any old games for it, I sold them all when I desperately needed money at 19...

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2014, 2:12 pm

The first one is good, the second one is one of the few games I would give a 0/10 and the third one is alright.

First game the difficulty isn't too bad, the later stages can be rough but not too bad. The second game is awful in every right, with the gameplay, difficulty being too hard (even harder than Dark Souls I would say), bad checkpoints and awful writing. Third game is less difficult than 2 but still challenging, but has better writing and gameplay.

Artorias
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Sep 2014, 11:32 am

I'm still waiting for a fourth game