The Bar. (L&D's own chatroom)

Page 83 of 88 [ 1404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 88  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 8:32 pm

Somehow this article is coming to mind, I was contemplating a can of Barq's trying to unpack the mysteries.

https://lessaccurategrandmother.blogspo ... cream.html

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 8:51 pm

There's beer drunk, there's whiskey drunk and then there's grain alcohol drunk.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 8:56 pm

And there's all the fun packed away in a bottle of 'Samuel Jackson'.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 9:34 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
martianprincess wrote:
Start slowly or you’ll end up with an accidental harem.

Talking drum n bass usually fixes that problem. :lmao:

Oh. I thought that talking drum n bass WAS flirting! :mrgreen:

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 9:35 pm

martianprincess wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
martianprincess wrote:

He might not be the one who ends up with an accidental harem. :P

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 9:39 pm

martianprincess wrote:

For those of us in the know. :)

Do we have any 'Cuban links' here? I'm sure they could show us how its done.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 9:45 pm

It just occurred to me - this thread could be an aspie mosh pit, and a *really* useful one at that.

Here's where we build our hacks to mind-control NT's. Next step - world domination!

Last edited by techstepgenr8tion on 10 May 2020, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 9:46 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
martianprincess wrote:

For those of us in the know. :)

Do we have any 'Cuban links' here? I'm sure they could show us how its done.

I've got Only Built 4 Cuban Linx.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 9:49 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I've got Only Built 4 Cuban Linx.

She talks about how Cubans practice game. It sounds like they're way more conscious of it, or at least this was the case back in 2013 - hoping the 'woke' bug didn't hit their shores yet.

For aspies I think the trick is 'getting the theory' first and being able to rif on it, so situations where it's really forward and self-aware are places where we can digest it more and reverse-engineer it rather than rely on instincts we didn't come equipped with.

Last edited by techstepgenr8tion on 10 May 2020, 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 9:51 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
hoping the 'woke' bug didn't hit their shores yet.

Political awareness is a positive feature, not a bug. Why would decent person anyone hope for others to remain ignorant and oblivious? :?

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 9:54 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Political awareness is a positive feature, not a bug. Why would decent person anyone hope for others to remain ignorant and oblivious? :?

Side-effects, like this:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 9:58 pm

If there's any rule of flirting - it can't be meta-cognitive.

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 10:06 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
martianprincess wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
martianprincess wrote:

Maybe it’s not an accident... :P

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 10:10 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Side-effects, like this:

Personally, I'm a fan of satire so I don't see this as a problem. Humour makes the world a better place.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 10:11 pm

martianprincess wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
martianprincess wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
martianprincess wrote:

Maybe it’s not an accident... :P

I think we need to stop calling the MartianPrincess Gambit the Batman Gambit.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 10:30 pm

Bump! :idea: