Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 9:59 am

Have you ever gotten in trouble or had other bad things happen to you because you didn't speak up? For example: have you ever been accused of doing something bad and gotten in big trouble because you didn't have the sense to speak up and explain that what happened wasn't your fault? Or you been unintentionally mistreated in a certain way and it continued because you didn't realize you should have talked to someone about it or how you felt about something? That has happened many times when was a kid and feel like many issues that I cold have addressed then could have benefitted me in the long run. Has this ever happened to you too?

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 Jun 2014, 2:37 am

I had the opposite problem. I spoke up alot because I had/have a strong desire to stand up for myself but it tended to get me into more trouble because others thought I was lying/making stuff up, tattling, being argumentative, defiant, or just trying to start trouble.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

DukeJanTheGrey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jun 2014, 5:23 am

The opposite is true of me. I spoke up for myself. handed in a letter of complaint that I had wrote when I was in a very, very bad mood indeed. I handed it in in person to my local police station, it was addressed to the Chief Super. I can not remember the wording of the letter but it had an extremely aggressive and self righteous tone to it (but with good reason). Although I had done wrong in the eyes of the law (a very minor crime) I would never have been arrested that night and later charged and sentenced if I had not wrote that letter, I have had that confirmed off the record, it's not just paranoia. I am still trying to sort this mess out some six years later but getting the police to formally admit there wrong doing is like getting blood out of a stone. However there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2014, 4:25 pm

I tried to speak up at times but no one paid any attention. Once when a girl was poking me with a straight pin in math class and once when I had a serious muscle tear during gym class. The math teacher just thought the girl and I were gossiping to each other, and the gym teacher said I just had a charley horse. There have probably been lots more, but those two stick out.

I should have spoken up during my performance review at work last winter, but I was too nervous and upset. My performance was "adequate"?! Well, I've set the bar pretty damn high for the next poor fool.

MissDorkness
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2014, 1:30 pm

I waffle between the two...

Speaking up for everything and everyone, and not speaking up at all... no telling with me.