Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2014, 7:06 pm

MathGirl wrote:
The material is copyrighted and Dr. Gerhardt has sent it to me in a personal communication so I don't want to quote extensive chunks of it here as it will immediately show up in Google and other search engines. You are welcome to bring up short quotes for discussion but please do not copy and paste the entire paper here. Thank you.

I have uploaded the article onto my personal website and I might lock it later if it starts showing up in search engines, but I really would like you (people in this thread) to read it and see what you think. Here goes: http://bit.ly/1m9dbfe

Got it. Cool. Thanks 8)

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2014, 7:22 pm

You'll never catch me going to adult ABA. My will has been broken enough as it is.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

claudia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jun 2014, 11:36 am

ABA works for everybody, it works also with NT adults. There are ABA implementations in HR management for example.
If anyone is doing aba with me and he/she is doing it fine, probably I don't notice it.
When I did the latest HR interview in my company, I recognized HR officer was doing aba with me, because I studied some aba basics.
The implementations regarding autistic children are often not respectful but.... disrespectful is the attitude of people who does aba, not aba itself.
It's a social and cultural issue, aba is a science ad it's neutral.
The issue is the objectification of autistic children and of disabled people in general.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 2:39 pm

claudia wrote:
ABA works for everybody, it works also with NT adults. There are ABA implementations in HR management for example.
If anyone is doing aba with me and he/she is doing it fine, probably I don't notice it.
When I did the latest HR interview in my company, I recognized HR officer was doing aba with me, because I studied some aba basics.
The implementations regarding autistic children are often not respectful but.... disrespectful is the attitude of people who does aba, not aba itself.
It's a social and cultural issue, aba is a science ad it's neutral.
The issue is the objectification of autistic children and of disabled people in general.
I agree with this.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.