Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Diabolikal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jun 2014, 8:38 pm

This is not about a specific game (but was inspired by the reactions to one), but rather, can anyone else not stand internet video game communities and comment boards? I mean, there's so much going on in games, but looking up new info I wind up looking at the comments, or the articles themselves, and it's very disheartening anger-inducing, to say the least. The only examples I can think up( since more would make my blood pressure rise) are things on one article for an upcoming game where the readers kept complaining about "Hollywood getting involved" and "It's supposed to be camp" and , argh I hate them so much, I can't finish. I am trying to avoid them now, but it's still in my head. But I will ask, does anyone else feel like this, or notice this? Is it the entire gaming community, or just specific sites, or something?

ZpykeEboto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jun 2014, 8:47 pm

I used to have bad experiences with trolls and the like, but lately I've been receiving warm welcomes and nice responses. Then again, I'm not starting debates. That's when trouble happens. :roll:

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2014, 9:20 pm

well maybe they're hating on it for reason. Maybe the game deserves it. I'm sure there are there as many positive responses as there are negative ones, if not more.

Diabolikal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jun 2014, 11:14 pm

Well, i don't respond, and the game isn't out yet, but I'm still wondering if anyone else has gotten tired of gaming communities.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2014, 1:09 am

modernmax wrote:
well maybe they're hating on it for reason. Maybe the game deserves it. I'm sure there are there as many positive responses as there are negative ones, if not more.

Typically that's rarely the case; only very specific communities ever manage this.

There's a saying I always go by: "The negative ones are always the most vocal". Particularly as the positive ones tend to avoid the hate-filled places, and instead of whining/complaining/insulting, they'd rather just, you know, go play the game, whatever it is. Good reasoning, too... why go to a forum that's just filled with anger and hate?

I typically just ignore such places. Somewhere like here is about as close to those as I get, and even then I dont ever make topics or anything, as my interests almost never match those of anyone here.

Diabolikal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jun 2014, 5:58 pm

Misery wrote:
modernmax wrote:

Typically that's rarely the case; only very specific communities ever manage this.

There's a saying I always go by: "The negative ones are always the most vocal". Particularly as the positive ones tend to avoid the hate-filled places, and instead of whining/complaining/insulting, they'd rather just, you know, go play the game, whatever it is. Good reasoning, too... why go to a forum that's just filled with anger and hate?

I typically just ignore such places. Somewhere like here is about as close to those as I get, and even then I dont ever make topics or anything, as my interests almost never match those of anyone here.

That sounds like good advice, and is.

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2014, 6:19 pm

Its just someone expressing an opinion on a game, for reasons of lack of change, ruining a game franchise and so on and sometimes even before it's even playable.

I kind of have a rule with games, like the game on your own terms without influence of other people's opinions or even review scores. Avoid getting into a flame war defending a game where an argument isn't winnable.

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2014, 7:22 pm

i feel gamefaqs is actually a video game hate site

KindOf
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Jun 2014, 7:45 pm

People love to hate.

I'm more bothered by the kind of bickering that goes on in team-oriented games. Hard to enjoy playing with it.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2014, 9:04 pm

KindOf wrote:
People love to hate.

I'm more bothered by the kind of bickering that goes on in team-oriented games. Hard to enjoy playing with it.

Agreed.

I find it intimidating and unpleasant.

For some games, like Titanfall recently, I end up just muting absolutely everyone and pretending there is no chat at all. Otherwise the fun gets sucked out.