Help! I'm coming to a crisis within the church

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2014, 8:50 pm

And the controversy with this congregation continues...

I just heard this evening the reason the music director was asked to resign. He was terminated the day after the North Carolina Boy Choir gave a performance at the church. Had congregation council and the pastors would have said there was something allegedly inappropriate going on with this group and the music director, and the music director put the congregation in a legally tenuous position, there probably would not have been such a nasty backlash from the choir. This guy had everyone snowed.

However, the damage has already been done. I will not be returning to this congregation. To quote Martin Luther, in his defense given to the Holy See at the Diet of Worms: "To go against conscience is neither right nor safe. Here I stand. I can do nothing else, except by the grace of God."

Danixia
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Aug 2014, 3:32 pm

I think the first response is very acurate but just to add , the Bible only says that you should praise God with soothing instruments (cords instruments and stuff) but it dosent tell you what music you should listen to, so its up to you :)