Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

HisMom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 2:37 am

Ladywoofwoof wrote:

;-) Ah yes, the classic several days old lazy looking "I didn't bother to shave"-style stubble-beard.
It's the kind of look which could easily scour off all but the most leathery of womanly skin.

No, it is the kind of look that makes me swoon ! ! :lol:

Ladywoofwoof wrote:

(sings)
Nobody likes a gorse bush in the face.
He should mow that lawn all over the place.
If the grass is long enough for a hedgehog to live in
He should pick up those shears and give it a trim.

;-) Maybe I ought to go into advertising....

Not a gorse bush on the face,
But certainly lawn neatly in place,
Just do not let it overgrow,
Trim it from time to time,
For a stubbly jawline is beauty at its most sublime !

;)

At least I'm sure it may be so in "Denmark".

-- Hamlet, 1.5.113-116

Last edited by HisMom on 02 Jul 2014, 2:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 2:39 am

When seeing that advertise, I needed to think of another advertise that got famous in german area lately: "As you know: A woman got two main questions in daily life. What cloths shall I wear, and what shall I be cooking today. ... "

At least this advertise excuse is, that its from 1955. ^^ I´d be curious to know, which excuse that Gillette-advertisement can offer for its existence. ^^

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 9:36 am

I don't even have anything against hairy men. Underarm hair used to freak me out, it doesn't now unless there's a lot of it.

I see that advertising companies are introducing facial care products to men. It's interesting, I do believe the advertisers are trying to keep women down by making them insecure. I don't understand this - men don't like needy women who are trying to impress them. Or at least the decent ones don't. I guess that shows the mindset of the advertisers.

I think if *everyone* was taught how to question everything (I can never remember the damned name for it) then I'd hope most people would stop paying so much attention to stuff like advertising. And yet, even the ones who do supposedly know and practise it are mislead by advertising and take it as gospel. Take deals and special offers for example. Because something says "Half price", everyone assumes that it's a good deal. Absolutely everyone. You can tell them until the cows come home, and they will still say, "But it was half price". And nobody's noticed how clothing shops have massively increased their prices, and are always having sales. Why doesn't anybody notice? I don't understand the mindsets of people, aspies included. Everyone is the same. I'm very special. :wink:

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 4:51 am

Whenever a poll is done, even the majority of women who reckon that scratchy stubble looks good agree that they don't think much of how it feels... or having to go around with painful embarrassing rashes because of making out with stubbly blokes. Men in general don't seem to think/care about that too much though, so I haven't gone for that angle in my advert.

;-) I reckon that my advert about the gorse bushes would sell shavers... and that's the main thing.

They could have a new product - "Quattro for men - balls and bum"

(sings)

"I found a plum, and it was hairy
Hairy plums can be quite scary
So go ahead and shave your plums
And while you're at it shave your bum"

The tagline could be : Shaving bollocks and bum makes men happy.

I know it's less epically subtle than the Mow the Lawn advert... but a lot of men appreciate things being stated clearly, so I think a bit of bluntness would be acceptable for the mainstream target audience.
;-)

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 5:18 am

For comparison, this is the sort of thing Wilkinson Sword are using to try and flog shavers to men.
It's been produced by the same company which made that "Mow the Lawn" advert, and was shown in the lead up to last Valentine's day.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BdoqRqleFQ[/youtube]

The advert compares facial stubble to beautiful roses.

It features a huge picture of the bottom of a face which looks decidedly male.
It has a bunch of stubble sticking out of it.

When people get closer, it becomes evident that the stubble is actually composed of many pretty roses.
Each rose has a label attached saying "now is not the time to irritate her. Have a smooth valentine's day."

It has a bunch of different people pulling flowers out and looking delightedly bewildered.

The advert closes with some bloke with stubble kissing his girlfriend and her looking delighted about it.
I'm not sure why.. as this seems like a bit of an own-goal on the part of Wilkinson Sword.

The Facebook page for this advert is jammed with men hollering on about how "Real men have beards" , "Shavers are for p*ssies. Literally" , "This beard isn't going anywhere" , "Shavers are meant to be used by women" , and so forth. The only comments in support of the advert come from women... who are then told to shut up by the bearded brigade who reckon that such women should get a real man instead of a guy who shaves.

Compare this to the Quattro - Bikini Facebook page, and there is a marked difference.
Sure, *some* women are utterly disgusted by the Mow the Lawn advert (and other similar ones) but there is a noticeable gaggle of women who're laughing and saying how "clever" or "funny" it is... saying things like "yeah.. mow that lawn, girls !" while tagging a whole load of their friends because it's just so entertaining that they HAD to share it.

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 7:15 am

I pitched my catchy "plums" song to Wilkinson Sword :o they rejected it, because they say it's not insulting and obnoxious enough!! !

That being the case, this is my draft revision -

(sings)

Ugly motherf*ckers have hairy balls
So shave those suckers, just shave them all
Nobody wants to see you nude
If your bollocks are covered in pubes

Pubes on balls are like a clogged drain hole
Bum hair and all, so shave the whole load
Nobody likes a hairy arse
Bum hair is for ugly men who just lack class.

;-) The video can have extremely ugly trampy looking men shaving their balls and bum then transforming into hunky model-type blokes and then looking delighted.... and the balls and bum shaver flying over a badly clogged plug hole which magically becomes sparkling clean as the shaver whizzes over it.

What do you reckon ?
Do you think blokes would go for that ?
:lol:

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 10:17 am

:lol: I LOVE it!! !

Just read your description of the new Wilkinson Sword advert, and although I try to take comments on the internet with a pinch of salt, yeh, people are actually brutally disgusted at the thought of women having hair. I haven't heard the "Shavers are for p*****s, literally" argument though. I don't think many men think like that TBH. I think plenty of women don't like beards or anything that doesn't look shaped by a shaver.

Last edited by smudge on 03 Jul 2014, 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 10:18 am

This thread is making me giggle.

Personally, I love hairy blokes who like unmowed lawns. :P

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 12:50 pm

Eureka13 wrote:
This thread is making me giggle.

Personally, I love hairy blokes who like unmowed lawns. :P

i don't mind a well-shaped and trimmed proper beard, but i don't like either stubbly (rash-making, though it can look nice on some guys) or those unkempt straggly hipster beards that make a guy look like he just climbed down off a mountain where he's been living in isolation for a couple of years. but yeah, if he insists that i shave/wax my legs/underarms/nether regions, then he's not the guy for me. i'm all for keeping things neat and trimmed and hygienic, but insisting on my hair-removal would be a deal-breaker for me, relationship-wise. honestly, if a guy can't get turned on by a woman unless she makes herself look like a body-hairless prepubescent 9-year-old boy, then that guy has issues i'm not interested in dealing with.

HisMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 1:02 pm

Ladywoofwoof wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BdoqRqleFQ[/youtube]

Freeze frame at 15 seconds - those two guys aren't too bad.

This is the kind of look that I am talking about - me really really really like ! :D :D :D

http://brainstemmed.files.wordpress.com ... =580&h=540

http://media.mytalk.com.au/3AW/images/Stubble1.jpg

http://topyaps.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... chchan.jpg

This look, I will pass :

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 3995_o.jpg

http://flashyourstache.files.wordpress. ... ache21.jpg

These "clean shaven" ones aren't my "type" either.

http://www.philips.com/content/dam/mgep ... 0shave.jpg

http://www.popsugar.com/files/images/525327.jpeg

And, given my background, I am wary of the bearded types. A beard screams "fundamentalism" to me. So even if he was a die-hard, true-blue, cross-my-heart-and-swear-tis-so-liberal, no thanks. This look, I will flee from :

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/thum ... gh-jpg.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QhyNEPewxHM/U ... /XfwoF.jpg

http://pennypackpark.org/wp-content/upl ... 1_1280.jpg

As for how the stubble feels when you are cozying up to him - ah, well, different strokes for different folks. YMMV, of course ! Pour moi - pas de problème !

Regarding men who have hairy hands and chests. It is just who they are. As long as they don't have so much hair that I couldn't tell them apart from a gristly bear, I am fine with it. He can't help having hairy arms or chest now, can he ?

-- Hamlet, 1.5.113-116

Last edited by HisMom on 03 Jul 2014, 1:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 1:15 pm

meh (shrug) there's a reason that such stubble is often referred to as "facial scruff".

The cute brown guy who bothered to shave looks much nicer, to me.
;-)

HisMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 1:27 pm

Ladywoofwoof wrote:
meh (shrug) there's a reason that such stubble is often referred to as "facial scruff".

Really ? I didn't know that ! I guess that I like facial scruffs, then... :lol: :lol:

The cute brown guy didn't bother to shave off his mustache, though. You still like ?

-- Hamlet, 1.5.113-116

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 1:38 pm

Since I turned about 35, I've had a thing for white hair and beards. I think I have a Santa complex, if Santa were over 6' tall and slender-ish. :lol:

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 1:42 pm

HisMom wrote:
The cute brown guy didn't bother to shave off his mustache, though. You still like ?

He looks somewhat moustache-free, to me.
:-)

HisMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 1:46 pm

Ladywoofwoof wrote:
HisMom wrote:

Our wires are crossed ! Did you mean this dude ?

Eureka13 wrote:
Since I turned about 35, I've had a thing for white hair and beards. I think I have a Santa complex, if Santa were over 6' tall and slender-ish. :lol:

I have the opposite problem ! My husband suffered from premature greying (was grey in his 20s), but thank God for DYES ! !! ! I don't mind a little grey at the temples for that "wise, distinguished" look but all grey is a nawwwwwww for me .... a few hours on Sunday fixes it, though, and I LOVE the results ! (Yeah, I am really shallow, but hey, you like what you like !) :lol: :lol: :lol:

-- Hamlet, 1.5.113-116

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 2:08 pm

HisMom wrote:
Ladywoofwoof wrote:
HisMom wrote:

Our wires are crossed ! Did you mean this dude ?

:lol: oh my gosh, no... although that's a beezer of a moustache.
He should grow it longer, and twirl the ends more.... or maybe shape them to look like small animals.

I was meaning the grinning hot brown guy 13-14 seconds into the Wilkinson Sword 'roses' advert.
:-) mmm mmm he's well fit (makes approving noises)