Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2014, 11:14 am

I worked with this learning support assistant at my old school from 2001-2006. She retired from the school in 2011. I have tried finding her contact info on the Internet but I can't find anything on her. I want to contact her to meet up and tell her how I have gotten on since I am her biggest success at the school.

Earlier on I did trying email my old school to ask if they had her email address on record. But then at the last second i thought emailing the school admin office would be a bad idea as it could be potentionally embarrassing for me.

Know can i have your advice.....do you think I should email the school in regards to my old teach or do you think it would be a bad idea to email the school.

Would really appreciate to this question. Thanks.

tarantella64
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2014, 11:22 am

They may not still have contact info for her, or, if they do, may not be willing to give it out. I'd tell them what you want to do, and ask, if they've got her contact info, whether they'd be willing to pass along a letter for you. That way she can get in touch with you if she wants to.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2014, 11:29 am

how can I get around the embarrassment the email could potentially cause me? Chances are there will be a few people I know who work at the school still and if the email gets around it could be embarrassing for me.

tarantella64
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2014, 2:43 pm

Write a letter, put it in an envelope, and seal it. Write the teacher's name on the front and put a stamp on. Let the school staff address the envelope the rest of the way and mail it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 7:30 am

Yep...the mailroom staff get letters addressed generically to teachers all the time.

I guarantee it, doing it Tarentella's way will not cause you embarrassment.