Some people will always treat me like s**t

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2014, 10:39 am

This is because I am different. Even though I downplay the fact that I am different and even though I am not that different and even though there's is nothing wrong with my difference... some people will still treat me like s**t because of it.

How do I revoke society's permission for them to do that to me?

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2014, 11:34 am

I feel so too. Sometimes society just sucks.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2014, 11:42 am

Assert yourself in the following manor, something like this?

Link

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2014, 12:33 pm

Cultivate any ability that keeps society at your doorstep - for me this is technology; keeping my home business around and inventing new niches for it at least keeps most people mindful of my rights, skill and strength. It also serves to remind my family of how much work goes into the Q&A sessions every time I'm asked about one of their computers.

I know where you are - just a month ago my lovely project car was destroyed by my mom pretending it was a rental. 1.5 Years of work down the drain. Since roughly 6th grade, my parents have had career goals all their own for me. I've worked in 3 companies just humoring them and lost tens of thousands of dollars. To this day they refuse to buy me a work laptop, yet my own mother spent two months pressuring me to attend coder "bootcamps" to study languages I know already.

I told them to bite me, it worked.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

sencha
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Jul 2014, 11:06 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoAiyUduyrY[/youtube]

Sorry to hear. You're one of the only members I've noticed in my brief visit to this forum. Stay cool.

Are you sure about the zombies? INXS didn't seem to think so.

Dizzee
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jul 2014, 2:45 pm

I haven't found an effective method yet but the best thing you can do is ignore and just do your own thing, It helps for me most of the time rather than just start a pointless argument.