No one who wants to date me is worth dating.

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2014, 1:45 pm

It's hard to describe what "special ed" is. Usually guys who are in special ed and have some mental disabilities that affect their personality. I once met this guy who was in special ed for some reading problems. His personality was pretty normal, so I wouldn't call him a "special ed" guy.

My ex boyfriend is a special ed guy. He has reading problems as well, but his personality is a bit off. I'm still friends with him. When I talk to him I always feel like he's "living in a different world" than me. That's another characteristic of special ed guys.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2014, 2:05 pm

Where are you hanging out to find these "special ed" people? School? Once you leave school, it is unlikely to occur that frequently. Are you actually talking about "remedial", or people who get some help with their education (which actually quite common)?

I think lumping people together in this way isn't going to win you favours, though I can understand the crushes from people you aren't interested in can be annoying. Your description of "special ed" boys isn't really poignant, you probably need a better term to describe what you mean.

If you like girls, I think you may need to make this clearer, though I can understand this can be difficult.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2014, 2:15 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
Where are you hanging out to find these "special ed" people? School? Once you leave school, it is unlikely to occur that frequently. Are you actually talking about "remedial", or people who get some help with their education (which actually quite common)?

I think lumping people together in this way isn't going to win you favours, though I can understand the crushes from people you aren't interested in can be annoying. Your description of "special ed" boys isn't really poignant, you probably need a better term to describe what you mean.

If you like girls, I think you may need to make this clearer, though I can understand this can be difficult.

I meet them at school and at social skills classes. I no longer go to social skills classes and I don't really want to go to school anymore. It's very hard to describe special ed boys, you just know them when you see them. I'm not talking about people who are getting a bit of extra help, I'm talking about people who live in another world. I don't want them to know I like girls, I'd rather just reject them. I shouldn't have to explain why I'm rejecting guys.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2014, 3:01 pm

DevilKisses wrote:
I meet them at school and at social skills classes. I no longer go to social skills classes and I don't really want to go to school anymore. It's very hard to describe special ed boys, you just know them when you see them. I'm not talking about people who are getting a bit of extra help, I'm talking about people who live in another world. I don't want them to know I like girls, I'd rather just reject them. I shouldn't have to explain why I'm rejecting guys.

I think those that lack social skills tend to live in another world, it comes with the territory. It takes one to know one as the saying goes. :wink:

Some people will always be in another world, others will break out, others will straddle the realities.

Just like you wouldn't have to explain why you are rejecting guys (which I agree), I wouldn't waste time trying to define people that you have no interest in dating anyway, just put it down to your instinct and move on.

"Creeps" are merely people we have no interest in dating for the most part.

Last edited by 0_equals_true on 07 Jul 2014, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2014, 3:07 pm

As if the premise is about the suitability of people who want to date, you going to reasonably get comments on that.

On the other hand, I take from this you want to focus more on figuring out where to meet people who you do what to date?

Probably you need to meet them in their "natural" environment, and not where you are meeting these other people.

michael517
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2014, 1:00 pm

Perhaps post in the LGBT section on where to meet women attracted to women?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 1:41 am

Spiderpig wrote:
DevilKisses wrote:
I tend to attract special ed boys who live in a foster home and come from abusive families. They have absolutely nothing to offer me and I have absolutely no attraction to them. I'm not even attracted to boys in general. I like girls. I tend to like girls who are "edgy and badass" who are not in special ed and are independent. Too bad those girls don't like me. I'm just an invisible girl who's hiding in the closet.

hale_bopp wrote:
I had a whine to mum about special ed people hitting on me, and how they're the only people who actually approach me.
Mum's response "They do it because they don't have the intelligence to realise you will say no"
Everyone, even Megan fox gets these type of guys hitting on them. Don't be discouraged.

Is it just me, or is there in these posts a strong implication that a large and not very well defined set of males (what exactly counts as ?special ed??; I?m probably one of those) simply have no business in the dating world, no matter what they do in their whole lives, so they should know better than to try and just give up, or worse? In fact, it seems to irk you both that they won?t. The latter message sounds to me like, ?If you?re smart, you?ll know better than to approach me [and probably any woman at all]?.

It?s hardly the first time I?ve found this kind of view. On the other hand, DevilKisses, as it?s been already pointed out, the girls you like probably feel towards you the same way you do towards the boys who hit on you, so they most likely find you no more ?worth dating? and are no less annoyed because the likes of you won?t give up on dating for life. Noöne has even suggested you should give up, though, but you?re actually getting advice on how to keep trying.

Not everyone at your age has even a chance to be in the dating market (I?m not even talking about succeeding in it), as has been made patent in other threads, especially not being straight?or pretending to be. If you ask me, you should cherish that privilege.

Yeah I find that attitude to be rather unfortunate as well.

Who_Am_I
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Location: My body is in Brisbane and my mind is in the gutter. :D

10 Jul 2014, 3:23 am

The irony of people on a website for disabled people complaining about disabled people approaching them.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 3:42 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
The irony of people on a website for disabled people complaining about disabled people approaching them.

and call them as "not worth dating" too, not just "I don't like them".

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 4:21 am

Spiderpig wrote:
DevilKisses wrote:
I tend to attract special ed boys who live in a foster home and come from abusive families. They have absolutely nothing to offer me and I have absolutely no attraction to them. I'm not even attracted to boys in general. I like girls. I tend to like girls who are "edgy and badass" who are not in special ed and are independent. Too bad those girls don't like me. I'm just an invisible girl who's hiding in the closet.

hale_bopp wrote:
I had a whine to mum about special ed people hitting on me, and how they're the only people who actually approach me.
Mum's response "They do it because they don't have the intelligence to realise you will say no"
Everyone, even Megan fox gets these type of guys hitting on them. Don't be discouraged.

Is it just me, or is there in these posts a strong implication that a large and not very well defined set of males (what exactly counts as ?special ed??; I?m probably one of those) simply have no business in the dating world, no matter what they do in their whole lives, so they should know better than to try and just give up, or worse? In fact, it seems to irk you both that they won?t. The latter message sounds to me like, ?If you?re smart, you?ll know better than to approach me [and probably any woman at all]?.

It?s hardly the first time I?ve found this kind of view. On the other hand, DevilKisses, as it?s been already pointed out, the girls you like probably feel towards you the same way you do towards the boys who hit on you, so they most likely find you no more ?worth dating? and are no less annoyed because the likes of you won?t give up on dating for life. Noöne has even suggested you should give up, though, but you?re actually getting advice on how to keep trying.

Not everyone at your age has even a chance to be in the dating market (I?m not even talking about succeeding in it), as has been made patent in other threads, especially not being straight?or pretending to be. If you ask me, you should cherish that privilege.

I didn't say that. My mother did.
I was simply complaining about how other girls seem to attract a variety and all I can attract is them. I'm fine with being single though, It was nothing more than a mere rant. I don't think they're not worth dating. I simply meant I would want to date them.

"special ed" in this country refers to people of below average intelligence, and I don't think it's unfair to want someone who is around equal to your own intelligence. People are always saying "i wouldn't date someone stupid" and it's exactly what I'm saying.

Here, Aspergers does not count as "special ed" nor do things like bipolar and other difficulties similar to those people might have.

Last edited by hale_bopp on 10 Jul 2014, 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 4:39 am

What's an "edgy and badass" girl" like?

A f*****g moron? Because that's all I'm drawing.