Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

sodamnbored
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jul 2014, 1:57 am

I pretty much feel like s**t and have no motivation or direction, and I'm getting sick of the god damn roller coaster every other week with the stuff I am taking. So, while it's probably not going to help anything, I just can't summon the will to engage other people and have deleted all my roleplaying stuff. I can't take the stress and inability to find a purpose for my gaming life when it's just an ineffectual sop for the lack of any interest in real life.
Life is pretty much nothing but me being f*****g bored and frustrated and I am tired of it. I have been tired of it for a long time.

I have tried counseling, f*****g drugs, and the problem is I still don't see any f*****g point in life. I don't want relationships with most people, I hate my aimless f*****g hobbies; the only time I ever enjoy myself reliably is when I'm stoned and that usually involves me going to sleep.

I've been denied social security 3 times, I don't have identification, I have virtually no job experience, and I f*****g hate the shitbags that run universities; even if I had the will to get some BS job related to them I'd just as soon shoot them in the face.

I have been through this before, and it never changes; I am starting to think that 'normal' people just can't comprehend what it's like to both emotionally and intellectually despise pretty much everything. I simply do not have the cognitive oversight ability to make a difference, and trying is just adding to the frustration and feelings of hopelessness.

If I can't be high every day I don't see any reason to be alive. Certainly no evidence of this imagined 'potential' people wank about. Life is s**t, and humans are shittier.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2014, 3:53 am

I've had a lot of ennui lately too with regards to my projects.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2014, 4:02 am

I feel a constant restlessness, dreams about the same thing over and over again, etc. Life is not pleasant.

sodamnbored
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jul 2014, 4:07 am

beneficii wrote:
I feel a constant restlessness, dreams about the same thing over and over again, etc. Life is not pleasant.

I'm so f*****g sick of trying anymore. There's no point.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2014, 9:34 am

Set small goals. Do something. Life may always be difficult, but you can do things.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2014, 5:46 pm

wozeree wrote:
Set small goals. Do something. Life may always be difficult, but you can do things.

This.

I'm easily overwhelmed when presented with big projects. I have to break them down into more manageable sub-tasks. Some NTs have this problem as well.

Still, the idea of doing something grand...I get caught up so much on the details that I never get started. So, I have to do a little at a time and hope I don't lose interest before I finish.

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2014, 10:47 am

For me it seems whenever I'm stuck in ennui, that's when new ideas start to sprout and I begin to start down a new path.

It's almost as if I recognize certain things are not working for me, I withdraw and ruminate for some time (sometimes a long time), then a light turns on and away I go in a different direction.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2014, 10:48 am

Think of Ennui as something elegantly French. It does sound like the name Henri!