Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2014, 3:49 pm

chris5000 wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
Ann2011 wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
Quintus: People should know when they are conquered.
Maximus: Would you, Quintus? Would I?

True. It's just such a painful process.

If you take a long-term view it's very possible for the underdog to win. The Romans never conquered most of Germany and today there are independent, prosperous states in the area that used to be part of the Roman Empire or on its borders.
Who knows where the Palestinians will be in a hundred years?
I live just north of the Rhine, which was the border of the Roman Empire. Maybe some of my ancestors were the underdogs who held out.

the underdog always wins in the end
just look at the united states, backwoods farmers defeated the biggest empire. the united states was formed by insurgency and always looses to it. if a lands people does not want you there they will remove you or be completely exterminated end of story.
israel cant go on a genocide without loosing all the allies that keep the middle east from pushing them back in the sea so in the end they will fall

What about the Native Peoples - they were the underdog and they are decimated.

Also, isn't the genocide already underway in Palestine?

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2014, 4:47 pm

Ann2011 wrote:
chris5000 wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
Ann2011 wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
Quintus: People should know when they are conquered.
Maximus: Would you, Quintus? Would I?

True. It's just such a painful process.

If you take a long-term view it's very possible for the underdog to win. The Romans never conquered most of Germany and today there are independent, prosperous states in the area that used to be part of the Roman Empire or on its borders.
Who knows where the Palestinians will be in a hundred years?
I live just north of the Rhine, which was the border of the Roman Empire. Maybe some of my ancestors were the underdogs who held out.

the underdog always wins in the end
just look at the united states, backwoods farmers defeated the biggest empire. the united states was formed by insurgency and always looses to it. if a lands people does not want you there they will remove you or be completely exterminated end of story.
israel cant go on a genocide without loosing all the allies that keep the middle east from pushing them back in the sea so in the end they will fall

What about the Native Peoples - they were the underdog and they are decimated.

Also, isn't the genocide already underway in Palestine?

the natives of the united states were pretty much genocided or killed each other off with the help of the new people
its happening in israel but at the same time israel is slowly losing all its friends and will go into the sea
then we will see if the samson option was a bluff or not

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2014, 6:20 pm

Chris5000 wrote:
the natives of the united states were pretty much genocided or killed each other off with the help of the new people
its happening in israel but at the same time israel is slowly losing all its friends and will go into the sea

Could happen. But they would ruin their own homeland. But even if the Jews are driven from Israel, which I think is unlikely due to their military superiority, they would not die as a people.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2014, 6:23 pm

Ann2011 wrote:
Chris5000 wrote:

Could happen. But they would ruin their own homeland. But even if the Jews are driven from Israel, which I think is unlikely due to their military superiority, they would not die as a people.

military superiority does not mean anything in an insurgency look at history every empire falls to it

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2014, 8:02 pm

chris5000 wrote:
Ann2011 wrote:
Chris5000 wrote:

military superiority does not mean anything in an insurgency look at history every empire falls to it

that is true, America's technological and numerical advantage didn't count for jackshit in Vietnam.

That is why it is dishonest and hypocritical of Israel to criticise Hamas for their guerrilla tactics. When faced with the sheer weight of their enemy it is one of the few effective weapons they have left.

My deviant art profile

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2014, 10:19 am

thomas81 wrote:
that is true, America's technological and numerical advantage didn't count for jackshit in Vietnam.

That is why it is dishonest and hypocritical of Israel to criticise Hamas for their guerrilla tactics. When faced with the sheer weight of their enemy it is one of the few effective weapons they have left.

That is why I don't criticise Hamas and ISIS for terrorism, but because of their ideology.
The freedom fighters and partisans of WW2 could be called terrorists as well, but they are heroes because they were on the right side.