Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 9:48 am

That's an interesting question:

I would be more skeptical if the degree came from an exclusively online college/Uni, rather than a conventional one which offers online courses.

The important word, in all cases, is ACCREDITATION. The school as to be ACCREDITED.

gaz34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Aug 2014, 10:34 am

If its a degree from a recognised university then it is a "real degree" regardless of the way that it's taught. I personally prefer going in and learning, or at least having the option to :lol: I skipped most classes and taught myself when I did my degree.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 11:35 am

Maybe an online degree would still count but when your an interviewer interviewing many candidates who all have the same degree, you may pick up on small differences like that.

gaz34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Aug 2014, 6:27 pm

I suppose it depends on the job. If its something highly technical like computer programming then it might not make that much difference but if you're studying business via online then they might be suspicious why you didn't choose a normal course where you should be developing soft skills and working with others in a group, which is difficult to replicate on an online course.