Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2014, 1:54 pm

A girl I love is spending her year in accelerated classes and otherwise college about an eight hour drive from our hometown... I know we both suffer the same fears of rejection/isolation/miscommunication and I know she's concerned with supporting my bizarre neural makeup, I know she's treated me as family from day 1 and I remain curious about how anyone such as myself can reciprocate. I also know she has high hopes for my ability to look past my ASD and examine my more "human" side. I wish I could say the same for myself. In public, I could be mistaken for a disguised android.

How do I welcome her back when she gets here? I know I tried to remind her she's still on my mind, but I really don't wish to make her homesick...

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Azereiah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Jul 2014, 9:31 pm

Just keep talking to her online and over the phone and stuff.

When she gets back, bring her to see a movie, have a nice dinner, something. Depends on what she likes doing, etc. It seems like it should kinda be a big deal.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2014, 1:20 pm

I'm trying... I hope nobody on here changed her mind :?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2014, 2:36 pm

You mentioned my phone... I texted her a few times, nothing terribly important, but I'm still on the fence about if I should give her a call or not; just seems like the scenario demands a 2nd opinion.