The GOP war on SSDI about to begin again.

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 2:25 pm

I can't begin to imagine the chaos that will ensue if they start throwing people with mental issues off of disability, accusing them of fraud. Not going to be a safe place in the country

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 2:25 pm

this country is greasing the skids towards oblivion.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 3:13 pm

I dont get why people think people on ssdi are deadbeats you have to have worked to even get on it in the first place

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 3:15 pm

chris5000 wrote:
I dont get why people think people on ssdi are deadbeats you have to have worked to even get on it in the first place

the people opposed to SSDI basically want the "problem" [people] eliminated.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 3:39 pm

auntblabby wrote:
chris5000 wrote:

The people who are creating all the stink are trying to get younger workers who pay social security taxes to perceive people on disability and social security as "takers" so that they can privatize social security, have those funds diverted into investments so that they can steal the money. Also they use it as an issue to convince younger workers to vote for the People who want to privatize social security, VA health care, Medicare and everything else the government is involved with. Instead of working together to fix the problems in our system, they want to exploit the problems for personal gain and screw all of the Americans who depend on these services to exist. Grandma is now the enemy of Johnny and Sally

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 4:10 pm

chris5000 wrote:

Yes it is intresting, though you can get SSI disability which is a little different than SSDI without having worked since you can qualify if your disability prevented you from finding gainful employment in the first place or you weren't employed long enough to qualify for SSDI...but that isn't the same as being a dead beat either, since you have to actually have a legitimate disability that prevents you from holding a job to qualify for that.

But with SSDI specifically you certainly do have to have worked a certain amount of time.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 4:15 pm

khaoz wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
chris5000 wrote:

The people who are creating all the stink are trying to get younger workers who pay social security taxes to perceive people on disability and social security as "takers" so that they can privatize social security, have those funds diverted into investments so that they can steal the money. Also they use it as an issue to convince younger workers to vote for the People who want to privatize social security, VA health care, Medicare and everything else the government is involved with. Instead of working together to fix the problems in our system, they want to exploit the problems for personal gain and screw all of the Americans who depend on these services to exist. Grandma is now the enemy of Johnny and Sally

divide and conquer, straight from the Goebbels playbook.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 4:17 pm

There are people who get away with stalking disability recipients. Stalking them, filming them, and posting videos of them online accusing them of being deadbeats just because the person stalking them does not agree with the diagnosis, or most likely finds some jealousy in the situation. People who lie and exaggerate about the activities of those on disability in order to make trouble for people they have personal issues with.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 4:22 pm

khaoz wrote:
There are people who get away with stalking disability recipients. Stalking them, filming them, and posting videos of them online accusing them of being deadbeats just because the person stalking them does not agree with the diagnosis, or most likely finds some jealousy in the situation. People who lie and exaggerate about the activities of those on disability in order to make trouble for people they have personal issues with.

Damn you'd think those people would have something better to do, sounds to me like they are the real dead beats.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 4:32 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
khaoz wrote:

Damn you'd think those people would have something better to do, sounds to me like they are the real dead beats.

They are the same ones who talk about seeing food stamp abusers buying steak and lobster, wearing $400 tennis shoes and hopping in a Lexus to drive home to some 4 bdrm estate.

Yeah, I follow people out of the store all the time to see what they drive then follow them home to see where they live.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 5:00 pm

khaoz wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
khaoz wrote:

They are the same ones who talk about seeing food stamp abusers buying steak and lobster, wearing $400 tennis shoes and hopping in a Lexus to drive home to some 4 bdrm estate.

Yeah, I follow people out of the store all the time to see what they drive then follow them home to see where they live.

It is possible for lobster and steak to be on sale....but I suppose people on food stamps need to stick to the cheapest of the cheap processed food and get their protein through beans because even steak is too fancy for the likes of them... :roll:

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2014, 10:10 am

auntblabby wrote:
khaoz wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
chris5000 wrote:

Ding-ding-ding, we have a winner!! !

The only trouble is, some on the left aren't any better. When the left starts talking about "humane" this and "justice" that, I get scared. How many on the left side would like to shackle the gifted a la Harrison Bergeron and put down the struggling as per The Giver just so things could be "easy" for the 70% in the middle??

We are, basically, up s**t creek with a tennis racket paddle. I don't believe that society should view caring for those who are struggling as a burden; it is neither more nor less than Jesus and the rest of the great philosophers have told us we must do. At the same time, I don't want their help; I don't want to bear the eventual consequences of accepting it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2014, 10:53 am

BuyerBeware wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
khaoz wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
chris5000 wrote:

Ding-ding-ding, we have a winner!! !

The only trouble is, some on the left aren't any better. When the left starts talking about "humane" this and "justice" that, I get scared. How many on the left side would like to shackle the gifted a la Harrison Bergeron and put down the struggling as per The Giver just so things could be "easy" for the 70% in the middle??

We are, basically, up sh** creek with a tennis racket paddle. I don't believe that society should view caring for those who are struggling as a burden; it is neither more nor less than Jesus and the rest of the great philosophers have told us we must do. At the same time, I don't want their help; I don't want to bear the eventual consequences of accepting it.

But how is anyone being "shackled," Ala Kurt Vonnegut, for the sake of these least of us?