Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Saphie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jul 2014, 10:02 pm

Hi, im new here. (currently only have access through my iphone).
(disclaimer: there are quite a few "tapp-o"s while using my phone. if i dont recognize it, and if it doesnt seem to make sense, the chances of it being a tapp-o (typo) are very high) (most common mistakes are "i" and "u" because they are right side-by-side. so generally i use "you" instead of "u" just to save the confusion for when that does happen lol).

What is your first name? Angel

Hobbies and Interests: it can be summed up with electronics, animals, art, and collecting things.

Why are you here? to be somewhere i can be myself. and to have a break from what i have began to describe as a "nightmare"(the daily expectations of others on me, and the stress turns into anguish, and then it starts to feel like a nightmare (in my sleep) used to. I need someone to understand(ironically, dalmah(one of my cats) is laying next to me and i looked up from my phone and saw him, and he was stareing right at me- and reached out his paw and laid it on top of my arm)... but yah, been having a hard time. needing others around who understand. (i really miss school... i was around others like me. we had similar issues, difficulties, and likes and dislikes. atleast then, i didnt feel so alienated and ... and a word that i cant seem to find that fits.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 4yr is when i was first tested and diagnosed with autism. although, throughout my life, people didnt want to accept that diagnosis, and i was taught that it was a bad thing(by the way people reacted to it in school), therefore i fought it too. when i was 13ish the diagnosis' started coming to aspergers, then the same thing; the latest time ive been diagnosised was 2 years ago. and my psych nurse took it back off due to she couldnt "treat the aspergers diagnosis with mediciene", and then my psychologist put it back on, and she made sure that the psych nurse didnt take it back off again. without the med vyvanse (which ive been on for over 10 years now(with some breaks in between), i end up with more servere symptoms (speech being one of them).

Favorite subjects: in school it was english. and any class that had computer access in it lol.

Year/Grade: ...i miss school...

Favorite music: all kinds, but rock just seems to be more of what i own.(that applies for both the musical genre, and the rock rocks(one thing that never phased out-collecting rocks) lol)

Books: ummm... manga... and theres this book that i ordered online called cats have aspergers too (or something that means the same)- i needed some cheering up, and already found the whole excerpt about a cat and shower time to be amusing(mainly because i used to refer to myself as "a cat who was allergic to water" when i was still a kid). oh and chika chika boom boom(when i was 6yr i had a cousin come to visit, and he was amazed by my "psychic powers" because i could recite the book without even looking at it(and i played it all off as i could see through the books cover)

TV shows/Movies: ahh! real monsters; the passenger; the fox and the hound;

Instrument: piano, alto saxophone, ummm.. i think thats it.

Do you like sports? no.. acident prone girl and sports are not a good combination. lol)

Family: grandparents raised me since age 5ish, and then adopted me at age 16ish. my bio mom couldnt handle me anymore and dropped me off at my grandparents, promising to return once she had her own place and the divorce was over... and well... she never came back for me.

Clothing: long sleeves. NOT angora fabric. and generally soft and fuzzy, but not the cotton clumpy kind of fuzzy. and heavy weighing jackets.

How did you find this website? a therapist in my past mentioned it, just never decided to come here until now.

Job: meeehhh~ no job.. floating through life(as i used to say after highschool "im a floater") but i wake up at 7am, take my med, and eat something, then play my 3ds. and thus begins the schedule for the day(which is rarely any different from the last day(only thing it depends on is appointments).

Plans for the future? learn social rules and the how to tell the difference between what is okay and what isnt okay, in terms of socialness with people, and why/ what makes it differ. and also being able to just be me, and not have the unreachable expectations of others weighting me down most of the time. and finding out how to have irl friends.

Any comments? sorry for this being so long...

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2014, 10:29 pm

i play a couple of instruments, too. welcome.

bguimaraes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jul 2014, 11:09 pm

Welcome!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2014, 8:18 am

My only "instrument" is my pen--or my keyboard.

Welcome to the Forums!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2014, 3:29 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Saphie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jul 2014, 5:45 pm

Thanks!
^_^

WilFindUndrstndng
Raven
Raven

08 Jul 2014, 10:55 pm

I have that "cats/aspergers" book, too. ("All cats have Asperger Syndrome" by kathy hoopmann) It's flippin' sweet! It's like achildrens books with lots of pics of cats doing funny things, yet it's great for adults too!

"Hi. My name's Copper... aRoo-Roo-Rooooo"

(That's my "Fox/Hound" reference!)

I actually have a male, black cat, named "Roo".

What you wrote was NOT too long. It's great that you had te courage to "open up". That must be one of your gifts.

I think you'll find lotsa helpful people on this site -- JUST KEEP TRYING TO "REACH OUT"! !! (Odds are: others will eventually respond -- maybe just a little, here & there, but... i guess ya gotta keep tryin'! [that's what they Say, anyway lol])

I'm undiagnosed and new to "asd"/asp. (within the past-nine mos.)

My "special interests" include drumming and watching college basketball...and i like cats, dos.

Welcome

Saphie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jul 2014, 7:55 pm

^_^ thanks!
lol yah, i heard coppers puppy voice in my head while i was reading that quote lol
"Roo" is a awesome name!
I used to have a doggy that i named "Todd". lol

WilFindUndrstndng
Raven
Raven

09 Jul 2014, 8:34 pm

Thumbs up!