Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

pollyfinite
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jul 2014, 12:30 am

Which causes you more problems? For me, I'd say the OCD related to both causes me more problems, so maybe Tourette's causes me more embarrassment, Aspergers causes me social anxiety and OCD causes me time, stress, and anxiety.

I'd go with Tourette's and tics I think. What about you?

Alyosha
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jul 2014, 7:30 am

for me my mobility problems are the biggest barrier to going outside a lot - i get very tried and i fall down a lot a lot and my gait is all weird and i flop about so i can't stay up.

tourettes, i have it and it does make people stare but generally i dont really mind too much and theyre already staring because i look very obviously classic autism. my only worry with tourettes is that i verbal tic something and people don't know i have tourettes so they think im shouting abusive things at them.

autism is like i think the main thing that causes me difficulties. there are very very few areas of my life it doesnt affect especially also because it meant it was sent to special schools and stuff which means i havent had the same espxeriences as a lot of people my age

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2014, 7:56 pm

This is a tough one.

Tourettes: Okay, so I'm grimacing and twitching a lot. Honestly, I can't help it. It's embarrassing to have people stare at me, even sometimes, my siblings sometimes have to tell me when I am ticcing (Apparently it's like stimming except that I can suppress my tics.

Autism: I feel like there is nothing wrong with me, until I try to talk. It's hard to explain, but I feel like talking either takes no effort at all or basically all of my strength. I can never read other people and I can barely retain eye contact with another person or make friends. But it doesn't feel bad. It's just who I am.

Answer: Tourettes. I feel like without it, my life would be a little more relaxing, though I suspect autism causes me to tic at times, but I only got a taste of not having Tourettes while under meds, but they had to many adverse side effects.