Is the concept of God a threat to life on Earth?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2014, 7:24 pm

I'm not too versed on the bible, but I do know that it contains a book concerning revelations, the end and "things to come". Also, if God gave us free will, and we have the impulse to destroy life on Earth, that makes God himself a threat to life on Earth too. The afterlife sounds boring too, so why would god be so angry that he wants to destroy the earth? I think it's not fair that Christians say that in their Heaven, we won't need to eat or have sex. God sounds like a cruel bigot in this regard.

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2014, 7:34 pm

The amount of contradictions in the Bible are enough to stretch out into the universe. It's best to just not think about it or take it to literally.

drh1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jul 2014, 8:56 pm

God himself isn't a threat to anyone, because he doesn't exist.

The concept of a deity, however, is very dangerous, as it can make even the best person a terrorist.

Pobbles
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2014, 9:39 pm

If God was real and created us for the sole purpose* of determining if a creature of Free Will could love Him, then no, he's probably not a threat to life on Earth.
He would be far too busy trying on make-up and taking photos of his own arse in the mirror to care about what goes on with us mortals.

* one has to question God's motives for creating us.