Any Geeky women into geeky guys like myself?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2014, 12:18 am

I know I made a thread about women being into Otakus in the past but I was wondering if there are just plain out geeky women into an awkward geek like myself aka otaku? I do have interests outside of anime and sci fi and video games regardless of me getting into the 3 a lot! A non geeky obsession I have is cars like muscle cars and imports and such!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2014, 2:38 am

Damn, for a second I thought this was going to be a thread about a geeky woman looking for geeky guys. :P

IncredibleFrog
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Jul 2014, 5:50 am

I'm a geeky girl into geeky guys... But I already have my own geek. I'm sure there are others like me though.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2014, 6:32 am

I don't know what a geeky guy is.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2014, 7:09 am

I'm not a geeky girl, but I do like geeky guys as well as non-geeky.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2014, 9:10 am

I hate when nerds "look the part". As if that has anything to do with having a couple nerd-hobbies despite what they think. :?

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2014, 2:24 pm

Venger wrote:
I hate when nerds "look the part". As if that has anything to do with having a couple nerd-hobbies despite what they think. :?

Yeah, people often attribute being rejected by society to their hobbies, but it's usually because in the meantime they've made no effort to maintain themselves.

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2014, 4:59 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Damn, for a second I thought this was going to be a thread about a geeky woman looking for geeky guys. :P
lol, or a geeky guy looking for other geeky guys. ;)

Ah but no... I think most individuals can only be interested in people who share the same interests. Forcing of feigning interest just to get what you want from people isn't going to work or for long.

That like me having interests in furry/yiffing, gaming, the sonic universe and computing. It's only going to work with people on the long term who hold the same interests for me. I'm effectively asexual so I wouldn't know but I'm sure it goes further than just being socially clever.

Despite the elaborate fantasy second life. :p

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2014, 1:17 am

There are heaps. I see female "Otaku's" all the time on instagram.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2014, 2:04 am

I had to look up Otaku, lol, but I do know quite a few now that I know what it means. Not my generation; I don't get it; but I have met girls who definitely meet that description. I am sure that it is not impossible to find a girl who will be interested in the type of guy you describe yourself as. More important are going to be all the other soft skills involved with dating, so that you act appropriately in moving towards a relationship. I think that is actually the part which is most difficult for many Aspies.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2014, 10:23 am

Venger wrote:

That's why I don't get what being a nerd/geek is.

I mean, I don't like anime or sci-fi and I hate WOW. I also look feminine and wear heals and have long wavy hair. Can I still be a nerd/geek?

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2014, 1:23 am

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
I wish there was but I do not think they exist my friend! It is the internet it sadly ends in a sausage fest. :cry:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2014, 1:35 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
I wish there was but I do not think they exist my friend! It is the internet it sadly ends in a sausage fest. :cry:

In a way I think it would be cool to be gay, because there would be other nerdy gay guys I could hook up with, but alas, I'm attracted to females. :wall:

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2014, 2:15 am

Unfortunately it's hard to find nerdy girls, since most of them have someone and they are attracted to none traditional guys(sweet, caring, not the "bad boy type") and since they are attracted to caring guys, they tend o stay in long relationships. This is great if you are with them, but it also makes it very hard to find nerdy girls, that are single.

KB8CWB
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2014, 5:16 pm

PerfectlyDarkTails wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

That like me having interests in furry/yiffing, .....

What? NO furpiles?

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2014, 2:04 pm

KB8CWB wrote:
PerfectlyDarkTails wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

That like me having interests in furry/yiffing, .....

What? NO furpiles?

The biggest Furpiles imaginable too ;)

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135