Documentary about Equine Therapy - Autism/PTSD/Stroke

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

aframe9999
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Jul 2014, 7:38 pm

Hello...

My wife and I just completed our first documentary that might be of interest to folks that read this board. I'd invite you to give it a look, discuss, and feel free to share if you see fit.

Unexpected Miracles - Horses Healing Humans

Description: This is the remarkable story of 3 separate individuals who have been touched by the power of Equine Therapy. A former world-class equestrian champion disabled by a stroke, a veteran of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), and a teenage boy on the autism spectrum, along with his younger brother, all share their journeys of hope and healing through their work with Therapy Horses. These miracles are happening at an otherwise typical barn in South Florida known as Healing Horse Therapy Center, and led by a woman whose passion it is to help those in need of healing make the ultimate connection between horse and human.

Enjoy, and thank you:

(Link in signature)

Andy Frame

Last edited by aframe9999 on 12 Jul 2014, 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2014, 8:34 pm

put it in signature so it will get remembered more.
woud love to watch it but unfortunately am on a one gb data dongle until can get a proper connection sorted out.

if post around wrong planet [most of us are a genuinely friendly bunch] will naturaly build up enough posts to begin using links,it doesnt need many at all.

am an ex special olympics cheshire team rider and RDA rider [did bareback jumping and dressage every week] but put on to much weight after being detained in a intelectual disability hospital, riding is incredibly theraputic and have always recommended it to disabled and non disabled people,even just being with horses creates a bond that goes deeper than any human relationship for many autistics.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

aframe9999
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Jul 2014, 8:47 pm

Thanks for the welcome, Kindgom...

The signature trick worked great.

Cheers!

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2014, 6:27 am

It's been years since I've done it, but I remember I used to really enjoy horseback riding when I was younger, the few chances I had to go, that is. Horses are awesome creatures, and there's just something about hopping onto one and going down woodland trails that feels "right".