Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2014, 4:27 am

What are your thoughts on Steam?
I'm currently having problems with Steam right now. We have always had problems with Steam regarding internet connections, because we have Wireless internet access.

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2014, 5:26 am

I've only been using Steam for about a month or so and I love it. Loads of great, inexpensive games available (even if you're a Linux user) and the download system is so easy and efficient to use. What's not to like?

I've used Steam with both WiFi and an ethernet cable without any problems. An ethernet cable gives you a stronger connection and most WiFi routers have the facility for at least one cable to be connected. You can also play Steam games offline if you disable the internet connectivity in the options menu.

Laddo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2014, 6:09 am

It's an excellent platform for downloading games but there are SO MANY UPDATES!

I am no longer using this account or this website. Do not bother contacting me because any messages will be ignored. The fact that you can't delete your profile while all your information is retained is also disgraceful.

morslilleole
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2014, 6:16 am

I like Steam for a lot of reasons :

• You buy a game once and then you can use it on every platform.
  • I like to have most of my games in the same place
  • Games can easily be access if you don't currently have them installed
  • You get updates more or less automatically
  • It's easy to buy new games
  • It drives and help game development on Linux
  • It makes it easier to release a game.

DreamingCloud7
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Sep 2014, 9:48 pm

I was initially hostile to Steam (not a fan of DRM in general) but have certainly warmed to it.

AQ 40/50

unknownfactor
Raven
Raven

14 Sep 2014, 8:24 pm

I like Steam. I play Magic the Gathering on it with a friend who lives 2 hours from me. It's a lot easier than playing rounds of cards with strangers at the comic shop down the street.

567FGs1ascvzk
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Sep 2014, 7:10 am

Hi,

I use steam since over 5 years and have 700 games. I love it when you have a fast internet connection. Check your Wireless connection if it is stable.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2014, 5:21 am

i like steam, the updates are no problem if you manage them right (no backgrounds/no autoupdates), and indeed, there is an offline option if your connection isn't quite stable, you only truly 'need' to be online to update/install games, and perhaps to sync your cloud saves, if so inclined.

i have even added all my other software to the library, so i got a one-stop-shop to boot just about anything i'd want to use, wherever it is installed to

Vladisvok
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Sep 2014, 3:18 pm

I never used to like steam and was rather hostile to it for a number of years, then I've started using it and somehow ended up with 155 games now. I'm still slightly concerned about what'll happen to them all the day that this thing finally does give up (a bit negative I suppose but nothing lasts forever) but in the mean time its given me a lot of fun games to play.