Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Lo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Feb 2007, 7:46 pm

There are lots of places where I feel uncomfortable to go to the toilet; trains, aeroplanes, some public loos, portaloos...anything small, public and dirty really. And I don't like doing it outside, or in front of people. Which often leads to discomfort and sometimes embarrassment for me and people with me. Does anyone else have this problem? I am working on it.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2007, 7:53 pm

I wouldn't have thought many people, AS or NT would be that happy using public toilets, given many are dirty and smelly and cramped. I know that I have many a time had to leave retching due to being so sensitive to bad smells. I would never go to the toilet in front of anyone unless it was necessary and with a bf or parther... I used to sometimes be unable to wait and my ex had a habit of lying in the bath for hours, so I would have to use the toilet with him there. I disliked it, and would cover myself up, but that was a choiceless situation. I would be surprised if anyone here hasn't got some issue with public toilets.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2007, 7:55 pm

I have no problem with public restrooms, except in parks and rest areas (along interstate highways)--they are unbelievably dirty. If I am going #1, I usually use a urinal anyway.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2007, 8:01 pm

And as a tribute to Archie Bunker, I will sat "turlet" instead of "toilet".

Tim

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2007, 8:05 pm

I suppose they are a useful source of toilet paper should you want to save some money :lol:

AspieDoug
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Feb 2007, 8:05 pm

I hate using the facilities at a sporting event. Some stadiums have a long trough for urinals. The floor is usually wet from the "dribblers". And as I have gotten older, I find it harder and harder to pee with somebody standing behind me. :roll:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2007, 8:08 pm

AspieDoug wrote:
I hate using the facilities at a sporting event. Some stadiums have a long trough for urinals. The floor is usually wet from the "dribblers". And as I have gotten older, I find it harder and harder to pee with somebody standing behind me. :roll:

They use individual urinals at Minute Maid Park. The Astrodome had troughs.

Tim

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2007, 8:08 pm

Lo wrote:
There are lots of places where I feel uncomfortable to go to the toilet; trains, aeroplanes, some public loos, portaloos...anything small, public and dirty really. And I don't like doing it outside, or in front of people. Which often leads to discomfort and sometimes embarrassment for me and people with me. Does anyone else have this problem? I am working on it.

I haven't seen ones on trains.

Airplane toilets are a JOKE, FORGET IT, I don't use them.

Portable ones? FORGET IT!

Public ones? I used to go VERY rarely, maybe 2 dozen times in my life until about 20 years ago. The inside must be fairly clean, and the cover and outside must be also. I STILL wipe it down.

BTW Turlet used to be an accent in places in the US.

Steve

ooohprettycolors
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Feb 2007, 8:12 pm

You know what I hate the most? Automatic flushers! They flush when you walk in, again when you hang up your bag, again after putting on the seat cover (which then flushes away) and again while you're sitting on them! (most unpleasant) Then, they won't flush when you need them too. These are honestly one of the stupidist inventions of mankind. Can we seriously not be trusted to flush the toilets ourselves? I've also found that restrooms with the automatic flushers are actually dirtier in general and clog more often than the sensible kind.

BeautyWithin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Feb 2007, 8:16 pm

I can't stand using public toilets... there's only one stall in one washroom at the zoo that I'll use. And there's one family washroom that I'll use at the Science Centre. Both those places are sufficiently far away from my house that I may need to actually go while I'm out.

Other than those 2 places, I will wait until I get home.

Even if I'm at a friend's house... I get freaked out about going. I just can't handle it. If I see that their bathroom is dirty I'll think less of them. If it smells, I might end up thowing up.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2007, 8:20 pm

Ugh! I hate public restrooms! As if the state of it and smell weren't bad enough, there are always people around which makes it even worse. And I also hate it whenever I have friends over and they use my toilet. Whenever I use it afterwards, it still feels weird for a week! And as for school restrooms, let's just say I haven't used one since kindergarten. Thank God I don't eat or drink much!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2007, 8:21 pm

Lightning88 wrote:
Ugh! I hate public restrooms! As if the state of it and smell weren't bad enough, there are always people around which makes it even worse. And I also hate it whenever I have friends over and they use my toilet. Whenever I use it afterwards, it still feels weird for a week! And as for school restrooms, let's just say I haven't used one since kindergarten. Thank God I don't eat or drink much!

The ones in public schools didn't even have doors in the stalls. College, so far, was much more pleasant.

Tim

BeautyWithin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Feb 2007, 8:23 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Lightning88 wrote:

The ones in public schools didn't even have doors in the stalls. College, so far, was much more pleasant.

Tim

WHAT!! !! !! !!
Why are there no doors?
OMG!

NeoPlatonist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Feb 2007, 8:32 pm

I guess I'm not all that picky about bathrooms. The ones in my dorm aren't all that great. I don't mind pissing outside especially if it is night time. There's always the time honored tradition of pissing in the bushes walking back from a party.

If everyone else wasn't drunk that might be different. I find it very socially freeing when everyone you're around won't remember what you did and said that night the next day.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2007, 8:37 pm

I always remember the worst toilet I ever had to use. I was with four friends. We were driving down through Europe to Greece. In Yugoslavia, we stopped at a garage and had to use the toilet.

I doubt many readers will have ever come across a "squat" toilet. It's porcelain, yes, but essentially is a couple off slightly raised "foot here" bits with a hole in the ground between them.

Anyway, this one was cracked, blocked and overflowing. It was as gross as you can possibly imagine, and then some. It think all five of us (three girls) had to use it.

The footnote to the incident was that, as we were about to drive off, the woman garage attendant (the only person there) came out of the garage any walked off into the neighbouring maize field. It was suddenly obvious that she didn't use the toilet in the garage!

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2007, 9:01 pm

NeoPlatonist wrote:
I guess I'm not all that picky about bathrooms. The ones in my dorm aren't all that great. I don't mind pissing outside especially if it is night time. There's always the time honored tradition of pissing in the bushes walking back from a party.

If everyone else wasn't drunk that might be different. I find it very socially freeing when everyone you're around won't remember what you did and said that night the next day.

You hit the way I feel about it on the nose. If you want a thrill, try pissing on a potted plant indoors when you're sure nobody is around. :twisted: I've never been caught, that's probably why it's still a thrill.