Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

brackets
Raven
Raven

19 Jul 2014, 9:39 pm

I don't mind having people over if I have sufficient warning (because I usually need a day to clean things up, including myself, lmao).

Yesterday one of my friends came over without really telling me and I was super "off" for the rest of the day.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2014, 10:17 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Whenever my sister's friend or my neighbor shows up, I don't mind. But whenever any of my mom's friends show up, that ticks me off because my mom's friends tend to treat me and my sister like my sister and I are still little kids! :x

I hate this so much. My brother openly despises this and my sister acts innocent, but she's generally open about hating it to me and my brother.

My dad also functions as a division head in a government office and my mum is active in our Church community, so parties happen every few months or so and we just hide until it's all over. I don't think any of my siblings like parties. Nor do I.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 10:52 am

justkillingtime wrote:
I wonder if it would be OK to put a sign on the door with "Please Do Not Disturb. Leave a note, instead." and have paper and a pencil/pen on a string on the door.

That's a good idea -- thank you for that! So simple but I hadn't thought of something like this. :)

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 5:44 pm

BirdInFlight wrote:
justkillingtime wrote:
I wonder if it would be OK to put a sign on the door with "Please Do Not Disturb. Leave a note, instead." and have paper and a pencil/pen on a string on the door.

That's a good idea -- thank you for that! So simple but I hadn't thought of something like this. :)

Anything to stop people from knocking on the door :wink: !

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 12:47 am

i actually don't mind having people over, if there's warning.
but i live with my parents and sister in a small house anyway.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.