Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Swordfish210
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jul 2014, 3:24 am

After applying for months I have finally landed myself a job interview. I am so excited! The job is that of assistant librarian at a really good school. I have the training and some experience and I think it is perfect for me, but how to convince the interviewers of that?

Does anyone have some tips on how to approach this and other experiences and tips I should keep in mind? Thanks

Sherlock Holmes in The Sign Of Four (1890), ch. 6

CosmicRuss
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2014, 6:46 am

Well done.
Be honest, maintain good eye contact expect to shake hands so don't flinch and don't elaborate too much when asked questions although do use more than 'yes'or 'no' replies.
Smile. :lol:

StrangeG
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jul 2014, 1:11 am

You could try asking a friend to do a mock interview with you. Think positive thoughts and picture yourself as calm and collected in the last few minutes before the interview to help you project an air of confidence.

MissDorkness
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 4:38 pm

Swordfish210 wrote:
After applying for months I have finally landed myself a job interview. I am so excited! The job is that of assistant librarian at a really good school. I have the training and some experience and I think it is perfect for me, but how to convince the interviewers of that?

Does anyone have some tips on how to approach this and other experiences and tips I should keep in mind? Thanks

I agree with the others. Careful not to ramble, but extrapolate a bit on answers.

Congrats and good luck, I'd love to work in a library.