Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2014, 4:24 pm

When I am overloaded, I lock the door to my room and just lie down on my bed and roll around in the covers.

PaulHubert
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jul 2014, 4:49 pm

Yes, there is something soothing for AS individuals about being compressed like that; I read that many of them enjoy the feeling of being pressed on by heavy bedding, pillows ect. My mom was actually advised to roll me around in a "bed-sheet-burrito" for my tactile integration disorder, and I did enjoy the feeling.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2014, 7:21 pm

For all of my childhood and teens, I liked to sleep with the bedding tucked in at both sides super-tight. Somewhere along the line I grew away from that, but I vividly remember insisting on it for years. I never really figured out why I did it or if it was comforting; I guess it must have been.

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2014, 10:11 pm

I still bundle myself up in a big honking feather duvet, even in the middle of summer....

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 2:35 am

Anyone consider a weighted blanket?. I now use a 120Lb custom make sand bag with padding for a torso weight because I outgrew a normal weighted blanket.

BelleAmi
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Jul 2014, 3:02 am

BeggingTurtle wrote:
When I am overloaded, I lock the door to my room and just lie down on my bed and roll around in the covers.

Me too - I read, draw, watch DVD's and email from under my duvet! I have even tried painting there but that played merry hell with my sheets. 8)

Arthur Rimbaud.

eloralouistra
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Jul 2014, 4:15 pm

I'm glad other people have this, now I have a response to my mother nagging at me for overheating myself by hiding under blankets when I'm upset!

I almost always crawl into bed when I'm at my worst. Usually when I'm feeling a bit insecure or anxious, I just wrap a blanket around me.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 9:49 pm

eloralouistra wrote:
I'm glad other people have this, now I have a response to my mother nagging at me for overheating myself by hiding under blankets when I'm upset!

I almost always crawl into bed when I'm at my worst. Usually when I'm feeling a bit insecure or anxious, I just wrap a blanket around me.

When I was little, my siblings and I would bury ourselves with cushions in the living room. Things have changed and now hugging pillows will suffice. :mrgreen:

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 2:20 am

I wish I had a couch in my room that I could lie down on. My computer chair isn't very comfortable, and there is a lack of couches at my house. I want to rig something up so that I can lie on the couch or in bed and use my laptop at the same time. I also quite enjoy curling up in a blanket, though the cat has a nasty habit of pissing on my blankets.

JerryM
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jul 2014, 3:49 pm

Yeah, now that you mention it, it does seem to be a common pattern of mine to lay down in bed whenever I feel depressed. When I was a kid, whenever I had bad news, I'd always go straight to bed and fall asleep. Nowadays, I'll hop in bed with my 3DS/Vita/Kindle and roll around, playing games or reading.