Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

wolfgang82
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Jul 2014, 4:44 pm

My dad just does not get me I'm like his least fav my sis is his fav and every time I do something like the doors not shut all the way he yells at me well he gets a tone that sounds like he is so tired of it.so today's sis walks in and the door does not shut all the way and he does not say a thing then when I'm like really he gets on to me and my mom yells at me even more cause she needs to stay on his good side we all try to stay on his good side cause he says all the time that he's gonna leave that we want to make sure he dose not and my mom is a aspe to and she loves him with all her heart we all do BUT IM GETING TIRED OF IT! :evil:

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2014, 5:42 pm

That does sound rough. It sounds like your Dad may have some problems of his own. Really everyone has something. But his staying or leaving is I think mainly an issue between your Mother and Father. Try to keep the peace, but don't take things he does or say too much to heart if he gets upset. It kinda sounds like his own problem, not yours.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2014, 6:35 pm

Don't worry about it too much. Sometimes people do each others heads in. I wouldn't take it personal.

I'm a bit similar with my daughter, she just laughs at me.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2014, 7:10 pm

wolfgang82 wrote:
My dad just does not get me I'm like his least fav my sis is his fav and every time I do something like the doors not shut all the way he yells at me well he gets a tone that sounds like he is so tired of it.so today's sis walks in and the door does not shut all the way and he does not say a thing then when I'm like really he gets on to me and my mom yells at me even more cause she needs to stay on his good side we all try to stay on his good side cause he says all the time that he's gonna leave that we want to make sure he dose not and my mom is a aspe to and she loves him with all her heart we all do BUT IM GETING TIRED OF IT! :evil:

From my experience your situation sounds typical:
Dad makes a show out of having a favorite kid
He threatens to pack up and leave when he gets pissed off enough, even though it's all just BS posturing
Mom falls for it and sides with him, right or wrong, to keep "peace" :roll: in the family
Yep, been there and done that over and f*cking over......

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

19 Jul 2014, 10:13 pm

I feel this. 100%. My dad just dropped my insurance and he hasn't paid me any child support in a month. As*hole.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 4:57 pm

Move out.