Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Edwardos
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jul 2014, 7:20 pm

Now first off I'd like to point out which kind of 'dream' I am talking about, since I realize that there are two homonyms of it that are incredibly difficult to distinguish. I mean the dream you have when you are asleep in a bed and your subconscious starts screwing with you; not that pesky definition about fantasizing a cheesy thing you want in the future.

In my dreams sometimes I am able to, and quite enjoy, leaning really far back and resting at an angle of about 60 degrees from the ground. In the dreams, it seems to never occur to me that this is physically impossible and in reality I would just fall over.

I recall at least once using what seems to be a hover board. I was skating smoothly on a footpath by the side of the road, on a board that was floating. From memory I'd say it looks just like a skateboard with no trucks or wheel attached. As I rode downhill, the board kinda dipped like a polystyrene wafer on water occasionally being pushed downwards by a small weight. It also seems that I was viewing it in third person. This was quite fun and I'd like to do it again.

I rarely get to fly in a dream, but it has happened before.

What have you been physically capable of doing while dreaming?

First topic here, I'm waiting for permission to post pictures so that I can participate in the Display Your Art thread.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2014, 7:22 pm

Are you talking about lucid dreams here?

Welcome to WP by the way! :D

Edwardos
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jul 2014, 9:12 pm

babybird wrote:
Are you talking about lucid dreams here?

Dreams, plain and simple. It also just so happens that I've never had a lucid dream as far as I know.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 11:55 am

I often fly in my dreams. I only fly a few meters above other people walking on the street etc. because they are walking too slowly and I need to go faster.

Other than that I cannot think of any unrealistic ability that I have in my dreams.

ElsaFlowers
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jul 2014, 1:16 am

If you google lucid dreaming you'll find lots of things you can do to train your brain so that you are in control of the dream. I've done this in the past and it's pretty exciting :)

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2014, 4:03 pm

Hi! I have dreamt that I can ride a bicycle, which I can't IRL. Never flown in a dream, though. I have also dreamed that I was acting in an action film, doing mild stunts--nothing too impressive--and firing automatic weapons and fighting, which I don't ever really do, or even think about doing.

Edwardos
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jul 2014, 7:10 pm

This one time in my dream, I thought why can't I just front flip so I tried that and I think I couldn't do it. So I back flipped successfully instead. And this wasn't on a trampoline or anything either.

Protector88
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jul 2014, 10:11 am

I always have this strange ability to float in my dreams. I jump and stay hovering just above the ground, when I try to go higher I can. But I also often dreams that I am Spider-Man, Batman or some other superhero. The Neo dreams were I can do the things they do in the Matrix are awesome.

The best dreams are when I know I am dreaming and I can do anything I want. It ridiculous how awesome that is.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2014, 8:45 pm

one of the few flying dreams I had was as an adolescent, I dreamt I was flying on a giant pink p*n*s and dive-bombing my father. he was scared. then I had a few flying in heaven dreams. at best I have had semi-lucid dreams with a bit of control over their content.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2014, 9:14 pm

I thought I was unique with the levitation dreams, but I guess not. I have a lot of dreams where I'm able to levitate a few feet above the ground. I can go higher, but it takes a lot of effort in my dreams to go higher than like 3-4 feet. Sometimes when I wake up I still feel like I can levitate because the dreams feel so real. Of course, when I try it I just get strange looks :D

Protector88
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jul 2014, 9:18 pm

That sounded so freaking familiar man. This is so weird.

It felt so natural to float everywhere that It feels like I can just float out of bed. Really weird. I feel bummed out by that because how cool would it be to be able to really do that. But people would probably get jealous and shoot us out of the sky and experiment on us to also be able to learn it.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 12:26 pm

- In my dreams I am able to run really fast by jumping 2 meters ahead with every step. It's so fun, its almost like flying.
- I can sit cross-legged in the air on a chair height too and move around. I can float it like forever and it feels real. When I was a child I was thinking I am really able to do it since the dreams were usually happening in my own room, the room looked like the one in reality and I could feel my body/all senses like I do in real life.
- I am also often able to levitate on the height of about 1,2m and stay there or use an item (like tree or roof) to get higher. Sometimes I am able to get a few meters up just by my own (without using high objects as takeoffs) but it is hard. Even a few centimeters up feel like trying to pick up something very heavy. Also. The higher I am the harder it is to stay on the height but I like practicing it. So far my record was staying at the height of about 30th floor after jumping off 40th floor skyscraper (I was slowly going lower and lower but after a while I managed to fully levitate). That was scary but rewarding.
I have the ability even when I don't remember about it. I have never hit the ground in any of my dreams. Whenever I fall down I always slow the falling a few meters over ground and then land as if I jumped off my bed, not fell down off a high cliff or anything. It feels like my body is getting light like a feather.

Thats about flying/levitating. But I have a lot of other abilities.

For example I am able to survive anything. I'm something like a demon (in some dreams angels are trying to hunt me, they must have a reason :twisted: ). I can move fast (but not faster than possible to humans) and I am immortal (I can die - but I will just become undead then. So I am not afraid of dieing). I use my abilities to save innocent people and/or piss the dangerous ones off (imagine, an assassin tries to kill me using a knife and I hold his hand and say "Seriously?" 8)).

In some dreams I can also teleport, use fireballs, heal people, go to hell (to piss "my demonic family" off :lol: ) and... kill people by thought :? . The last ability was quite common in my dreams when I was a teenage and there was a whole dreams series about it. It started in a dream when I stopped a grim reaper from killing my friends by stealing the scythe and using it against the grim reaper. And I killed him. Before he died, he used a ritual and passed the power of death to me, making me "responsible". Then for many, many dreams after that I was learning how to control the power and unintentionally killed a lot of innocent people by losing control. Stupid nightmares. But eventually I learned how to control it (about the same time I learned to control my real life meltdowns) and I don't use it anymore. However I am pretty sure I would be able to use it in any dream if the situation was calling for it. I just find other methods of winning against an opponent more rewarding. The "instant kill" ability is like cheating in a game. Following rules is more fun... especially when you know you are able to cheat if it goes wrong :twisted: .

Oh. And I am also somehow able to control the whole dream. I can make a building appear out of nowhere, find an item needed inside of my pockets... Stuffs like that. However this is an ability I don't fully control. Usually it all just happens by itself. I think "Damn, the area looks scary. I bet a monster is going to jump off out nowhere at any moment..." and ta-da! A monster is jumping at us a moment later. :lol:

It all happens in my normal dreams. I can get lucid dreams sometimes but I don't fancy them. I consider my "normal" dreams more funny. It is better when I think my abilities are real. Whats funny in knowing I will wake up soon and it all becomes just a memory?

Protector88
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jul 2014, 2:55 pm

Kiriae wrote:
- In my dreams I am able to run really fast by jumping 2 meters ahead with every step. It's so fun, its almost like flying.
- I can sit cross-legged in the air on a chair height too and move around. I can float it like forever and it feels real. When I was a child I was thinking I am really able to do it since the dreams were usually happening in my own room, the room looked like the one in reality and I could feel my body/all senses like I do in real life.
- I am also often able to levitate on the height of about 1,2m and stay there or use an item (like tree or roof) to get higher. Sometimes I am able to get a few meters up just by my own (without using high objects as takeoffs) but it is hard. Even a few centimeters up feel like trying to pick up something very heavy. Also. The higher I am the harder it is to stay on the height but I like practicing it. So far my record was staying at the height of about 30th floor after jumping off 40th floor skyscraper (I was slowly going lower and lower but after a while I managed to fully levitate). That was scary but rewarding.
I have the ability even when I don't remember about it. I have never hit the ground in any of my dreams. Whenever I fall down I always slow the falling a few meters over ground and then land as if I jumped off my bed, not fell down off a high cliff or anything. It feels like my body is getting light like a feather.

Thats about flying/levitating. But I have a lot of other abilities.

For example I am able to survive anything. I'm something like a demon (in some dreams angels are trying to hunt me, they must have a reason :twisted: ). I can move fast (but not faster than possible to humans) and I am immortal (I can die - but I will just become undead then. So I am not afraid of dieing). I use my abilities to save innocent people and/or piss the dangerous ones off (imagine, an assassin tries to kill me using a knife and I hold his hand and say "Seriously?" 8)).

In some dreams I can also teleport, use fireballs, heal people, go to hell (to piss "my demonic family" off :lol: ) and... kill people by thought :? . The last ability was quite common in my dreams when I was a teenage and there was a whole dreams series about it. It started in a dream when I stopped a grim reaper from killing my friends by stealing the scythe and using it against the grim reaper. And I killed him. Before he died, he used a ritual and passed the power of death to me, making me "responsible". Then for many, many dreams after that I was learning how to control the power and unintentionally killed a lot of innocent people by losing control. Stupid nightmares. But eventually I learned how to control it (about the same time I learned to control my real life meltdowns) and I don't use it anymore. However I am pretty sure I would be able to use it in any dream if the situation was calling for it. I just find other methods of winning against an opponent more rewarding. The "instant kill" ability is like cheating in a game. Following rules is more fun... especially when you know you are able to cheat if it goes wrong :twisted: .

Oh. And I am also somehow able to control the whole dream. I can make a building appear out of nowhere, find an item needed inside of my pockets... Stuffs like that. However this is an ability I don't fully control. Usually it all just happens by itself. I think "Damn, the area looks scary. I bet a monster is going to jump off out nowhere at any moment..." and ta-da! A monster is jumping at us a moment later. :lol:

It all happens in my normal dreams. I can get lucid dreams sometimes but I don't fancy them. I consider my "normal" dreams more funny. It is better when I think my abilities are real. Whats funny in knowing I will wake up soon and it all becomes just a memory?

Awesome read! Do you play video games before you go to sleep like I do? That can explain why I have had similar dreams. Don't you feel bummed out when you wake up as a normal human being?

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 3:44 pm

Not really. Actually I realized I am getting less of those dreams when I spend too much time in video games. They get overrided by dreams where I just grind the game I played whole day. Not fun. :lol:
However they tend to appear often when I read a book or watch an movie where I can identify with the characters.

I don't feel bummed out after waking up. Actually the dreams make me feel awesome for the whole day. I wake up happy, full of energy. Ready for whatever the day brings me. The confidence I get in dreams don't disappear. It get's changed to real life confidence. "If I can deal with nightmares like that I can also take care of my real life".

The dreams are not good dreams at all. They are nightmares even though I like them. I have to deal with stuffs much harder than I experience in real life. Saving a bunch of people from an erupting volcano or stopping an assassin that tries to kill me is not so easy, even with powers. I still can feel fear. The fear of pain, fear of losing loved ones, fear of making a terrible mistake that gets people killed... But it feels great when I overcome the situation, using as few powers as possible. When I prove: "I can!".

Last edited by Kiriae on 28 Jul 2014, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Protector88
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jul 2014, 3:49 pm

You seem like a very nice person. If you want to talk about this or something else, you can always PM me!

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 3:57 pm

Protector88 wrote:
You seem like a very nice person. If you want to talk about this or something else, you can always PM me!

I don't like PMs.