20 Jul 2014, 11:51 am

Both use political repression and suppression
Both are racially/ethnically motivated
Both are genocidal
Both believe in torture and humiliation as legitimate
Both brag about their killings
Both use violence to quell all dissidence and opposition
Both build apartheid walls and relocate ethnic minorities to ghettoes
Both target civilians then blame their enemies as the cause (hitler did that quite a bit in his speeches which you can read online)
Both celebrate genocide (watch israelis picnicking on youtube as missiles hit gaza. watch how much fun their extravagant celebrations are)
Both use arbitrary detainment indefinitely under false pretenses
Both have used starvation and malnutrition to weaken their targets (gaza blockade, holocaust emaciated jews)
Both are land hungry and covetous

Master Oogway

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 1:26 pm

Agreed.

At least the nazis were honest about their hatred of jews and democracy though, and didn't use insidious bluewashing and pinkwashing strategies to make themselves appear morally superior to their enemies. The nazis were bigots with whom you knew where you stood.

My deviant art profile

Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jul 2014, 2:15 pm

> Both use political repression and suppression
> Both use violence to quell all dissidence and opposition
The nazis suppressed any dissent. Israel suppresses those who attack it physically.

> Both are racially/ethnically motivated
In this zionism is like most other nationalism, no better, no worse. I generally don't support nationalism, but it is not the same as nazism. Also note that zionism does not equal the policy of specific Israeli governments. I consider the way the current Israeli govt handles the situation legitimate, but a bad decision for both sides.

> Both are genocidal
> Both target civilians then blame their enemies as the cause (hitler did that quite a bit in his speeches which you can read online)
Genocide is killing members of a people with the intention of annihilating that people or significantly reducing its numbers. Israel intends to kill enemy militants. There are civilian casualties, as in any war. As sad as that is, neither the intention, nor the number killed (a terribly large number but still a negligible fraction of all Palestinians) support the statement that it's genocide.

> Both believe in torture and humiliation as legitimate
I'm pretty sure zionism as an ideology doesn't say anything about this matter. Unfortunately there too many right wing extremists in Israel (as well as among the Palestinians).

> (watch israelis picnicking on youtube as missiles hit gaza. watch how much fun their extravagant celebrations are)
Same.

> Both brag about their killings
Of enemy militants. Like any country at war.

> Both build apartheid walls and relocate ethnic minorities to ghettoes
Israel doesn't separate members of minorities who are Israeli citizens in any way. It separates Palestinians who are not Israeli citizens; that's not any worse than any other country not allowing unlimited immigration. Plus it stopped the terrorist attacks against Israel which were prevalent before it (not that I expect you to care about that).

> Both use arbitrary detainment indefinitely under false pretenses
That's pretty problematic (in Israel's case the problem is not false pretenses but the lack of proof before a court). Again, a government policy, hardly part of an ideology.

> Both have used starvation and malnutrition to weaken their targets (gaza blockade, holocaust emaciated jews)
Same. Also, in the Gaza blockade starvation is a strong overstatement; and the blockade itself is made legitimate by the fact that Gaza is controlled by the Hamas whose intention is destroying Israel, and (while it is too weak for destroying it) it regularly attacks it.

> Both are land hungry and covetous
Every people got to its land by occupying it from the people who were there before. Either by simply moving there (as happend in the land of Israel before 1948) or invading it militarily (as happened in Israel after 1948 when the Arabs attacked it the day after its foundation).

Last edited by 1024 on 20 Jul 2014, 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 2:23 pm

Both celebrate genocide (watch israelis picnicking on youtube as missiles hit gaza. watch how much fun their extravagant celebrations are)

this is humans in general.
people use to have picnics and watch the civil war battles. people gather for hangings. people will gather around shootouts between cops and criminals despite the danger. in Rome people use to go watch two men kill each other. well it still happens today in shady areas. We humans tend to enjoy watching violence. watching missiles hit Gaza isn't celebrating genocide its just humans watching more violence.

while I personally don't get the appeal it is human nature and will likely continue to be.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 11:37 am

"Zionism is no different than Nazism"

Really? Where is Israel hiding all their death camps? Where are the ovens? Where are the tattooed numbers on the forearms?

Where are the people starved to death and thrown in pits to burn? Where are the doctors "experimenting" by injecting gasoline into Jews veins?

You fools who try to equate Nazism with Zionism are tools in the hands of terrorists.

You forget (or never knew of) the Sarin gas rockets these terrorists used in the past. Remember everyone had to buy a gas mask at one time?

I'd say the poison gas and terrorist coffee shop bombings make these terrorists brothers-in-blood with the Nazis. Israel never did any of these things.

This is why Hamas won't accept or observe any truce, and yet they continue to fool people such as yourselves.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 12:15 pm

salad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 12:24 pm

ZenDen wrote:
"Zionism is no different than Nazism"

Really? Where is Israel hiding all their death camps? Where are the ovens? Where are the tattooed numbers on the forearms?

Where are the people starved to death and thrown in pits to burn? Where are the doctors "experimenting" by injecting gasoline into Jews veins?

You fools who try to equate Nazism with Zionism are tools in the hands of terrorists.

You forget (or never knew of) the Sarin gas rockets these terrorists used in the past. Remember everyone had to buy a gas mask at one time?

I'd say the poison gas and terrorist coffee shop bombings make these terrorists brothers-in-blood with the Nazis. Israel never did any of these things.

This is why Hamas won't accept or observe any truce, and yet they continue to fool people such as yourselves.

I also forgot to add:

Both label their enemies as brainwashed, ironically, as evidenced by the clown above.

I know you're a senile old man so I'll excuse your ignorance.

Master Oogway

salad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 12:30 pm

Kurgan wrote:

Both rely on fallacies, in this case, the strawman.

You've copied and pasted this quite a bit whenever someone has lambasted zionazism. You remind me of the whites 50 years ago. Whenever Malcolm X would lambast their shameless atrocities they'd respond by calling him a racist. In other words you've also used ad hominem insinuations. Pictures contain 1,000 words, not to mention several notorious fallacies

Master Oogway

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 12:35 pm

In before the lock.

It's strange to me how so many people have very strong opinions (and favor one side) when they don't care so much about other conflicts. What makes the Israel-Arab conflict so much more "interesting" (for lack of a better word) than all the other conflicts around the world? To me it seems like a very remote conflict, and I find it hard to identify with either side. I think both sides screwed each other over so many times now they'll never have peace.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 12:44 pm

trollcatman wrote:
In before the lock.

It's strange to me how so many people have very strong opinions (and favor one side) when they don't care so much about other conflicts. What makes the Israel-Arab conflict so much more "interesting" (for lack of a better word) than all the other conflicts around the world? To me it seems like a very remote conflict, and I find it hard to identify with either side. I think both sides screwed each other over so many times now they'll never have peace.

because its not a fair conflict. Ironically its a david and goliath scenario where Israel has assumed the role of Goliath. The Palestinians are facing a genuine threat of genocide, whereas the Israelis are justifying their disproportionate aggression through the pretext of hollow threats of aggression. Also the onslaught on gaza is the collective punishment of a society for the deeds and words of a single group which is a qualitative war crime orchestrated by an ally of the USA.

My deviant art profile

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 12:59 pm

trollcatman wrote:
In before the lock.

I have a theory:

Because it's all about religion!

It's because the US is mostly 70% Christians and protestants are the largest and the most influential group there; Protestant denominations are too into the old testament more than any other Christian denominations hence why a large population of the US cares too much about the Jews and their biblical Holy Land: Israel; after all the Jews were the heroes of their Holy book (the OT); same for the UK which is largely protestant (and there's the Apocalypse); most members here are from those two nations. It doesn't matter if they are not too religious, but I bet their high views toward Jews is culturally/religiously deep there (and this even affect atheists/agnostics).

You notice that the people in the most historically Catholic European countries have more divided views (and more indifferent) regarding Israel; Catholicism is more Gospel-oriented and Jews are villains in the gospel, fact.

Ironically Protestantism itself was born in Germany but all churches there was dominated by German nationalism during Nazi Germany.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 21 Jul 2014, 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 1:06 pm

Such a tiny strip of land,nowhere to escape that's safe.Seems like they are just being pushed into the sea.

Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Jul 2014, 1:24 pm

trollcatman wrote:
It's strange to me how so many people have very strong opinions (and favor one side) when they don't care so much about other conflicts. What makes the Israel-Arab conflict so much more "interesting" (for lack of a better word) than all the other conflicts around the world? To me it seems like a very remote conflict, and I find it hard to identify with either side.

I thought about this too. I think it's because
1. there are some Jews and Arabs and anti-Semites in most Western countries who are interested in it.
2. Once there is interest it is self-reinforcing: the media talks about it because people are interested in it, and people become interested in it because they read about it in the media.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 1:57 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
In before the lock.

I hate a theory:

Because it's all about religion!

It's because the US is mostly 70% Christians and protestants are the largest and the most influential group there; Protestant denominations are too into the old testament more than any other Christian denominations hence why a large population of the US cares too much about the Jews and their biblical Holy Land: Israel; after all the Jews were the heroes of their Holy book (the OT); same for the UK which is largely protestant (and there's the Apocalypse); most members here are from those two nations. It doesn't matter if they are not too religious, but I bet their high views toward Jews is culturally/religiously deep there (and this even affect atheists/agnostics).

You notice that the people in the most historically Catholic European countries have more divided views (and more indifferent) regarding Israel; Catholicism is more Gospel-oriented and Jews are villains in the gospel, fact.

Ironically Protestantism itself was born in Germany but all churches there was dominated by German nationalism during Nazi Germany.

Actually, it's evangelical Protestantism that's obsessed with getting on God's good side by siding with Israel, due to the fact that they believe Christ will instigate his "thousand year rule" from Jerusalem. Mainline Protestantism is rarely of that kind of millinialist theology, and so don't get involved too deeply with either side.
As for German Protestant churches being in league with the Nazis - sadly, that was often the case, though more often, most ignored the horror perpetrated by their government and pretended it wasn't going on. Only a few Protestant churches - calling themselves The Confessing Church, under the leadership of Anti-Nazi heroes like Martin Niemoller and Dietrich Bonhoeffer - actually paid the price for trying to do something.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 2:03 pm

^Thats true,I got in a "discussion " about the US and Israel with a bible thumper and was told that Israel aided us in all our battles and we got oil from them.When I asked what battles and mentioned that Israel is not a oil rich country they got mad and started yelling.The funny thing is we were all drunk and this man's wife heard the debate from in the house,(we were in the workshop)and she came out and told me and my ex to vacate the property.Ive never had that happen before. :lol: