Is there a program that could find simlar music

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 2:07 pm

I mean the program that the file is loaded with music eg mp3 able to find when written like a song on a similar melodies?

I mean the program that the file is loaded with music eg mp3 able to find when written like a song on a similar melodies

I'm not talking about a program that identifies the name of the song have such apps in cellphone TrackID? :D

LookingLost
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 5:31 pm

I think I heard there is a programme called iTunes Genius (I think) which is supposed to do that, but I' don't have proof that it works. If you find anything that does, I'd like to know.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 10:51 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:
I mean the program that the file is loaded with music eg mp3 able to find when written like a song on a similar melodies?

I mean the program that the file is loaded with music eg mp3 able to find when written like a song on a similar melodies

I'm not talking about a program that identifies the name of the song have such apps in cellphone TrackID? :D

Do you mean that you are looking for an application that would take an audio file like mp3, Ogg, FLAC, or WAVE and convert it into traditional music notation?

If so, there are some applications that will take the above files types and convert the contents to MIDI. Unfortunately, they don't work very well. I've experimented with them in the past, and was never happy with the results. The same goes for applications that takes traditional music notation that is contained in an Adobe Acrobat file, and converts then into either MIDI, NIFF, or MusicXML. I've been experimenting with those applications, wither it was running under Windows, Linux or Mac OS X intermittently for the last 15 years, and I'm still disappointed with the results. The AI engines these programs use haven't progressed very far since MuseScore hit the market back in the late 1990's. See the thread I started with the misery I had trying to get the open source program Audiveris to work on my Mac mini under OS X and Windows 7 64-bit.