Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 6:42 pm

What do you think about having AS in the light of belief in reincarnation? Maybe we chose having this before we were born and we can't remember this because we wanted to achieve something (like developing our intelligence - but then again, there are many people who are even geniuses but they are neurologically normal, AS-less) or maybe it's just some sort of punishment for something, a bad karma (in the "Corageous Souls" book there was that one nazist reborn with AS as his bad karma and his brother was deeply ret*d and blind for the same vice - though it's a weird thing; AS does bring some disadvantages but that's NOTHING when compared with being ret*d and blind). Has anyone ever pondered this issue?

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 7:30 pm

I don't see a relation. I love the idea of reincarnation and karma, but can't commit probably due to AS tendencies :?

brackets
Raven
Raven

20 Jul 2014, 7:40 pm

My belief in reincarnation is only "kinda, sorta", but honestly I think I was probably autistic in at least a couple past lives. I don't know; it just seems like something so ingrained in my being that if I'm a recycled person the people I used to be probably had it too.

But my main belief in reincarnation is that I was one of those medieval monks who drew weird s**t in the margins of Bibles, lol.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 7:38 am

Scenerio 1:
The soul is an immortal being living behind time. It might just stay there looking blankly in the space but thats pretty boring, isn't it? So it chooses to limit some of its senses and incarnate. At first it might choose common, easy lifes but soon (remember, it is an immortal soul, it can repeat a live milions of times) it will get bored with that and decide to try something else. Then it gets born as an aspie or any other sicko/wierdo.

Scenerio 2:
The soul spent a lot of its past lives on another planet. The environment, the social rules were other there, the soul got used to it. Then it is sent to be born on Earth. The soul is naturally attracted to the body with genes that remind it of the race it was before so it incarnates there, changing the body even more when the body grows (it's not like a body is independed of the mind). Then an aspie is born. An alien soul in unusually developed but still human body.

Scenerio 3:
The soul wants to research human interactions. You can't do it if it comes naturally to you because you won't even realize it is something unusual so you won't pay attention. So it is born an aspie - lacking the natural social ability. Now it can learn about the human interactions without preconceptions.

Scenerio 4:
The soul is sick of social interaction. Maybe it got badly hurt in the past live by other people so it decided to not longer care about them. "And the easier way to not care about other people is not being able to see their emotions on their faces" - it thought. So it incarnated into an aspie.

Scenerio 5:
The soul was hurting people badly in the past life by intentionally playing with their emotions. So, thanks to the Karma it is now unable to show its own emotions and understand/manipulate others even if it wants but is easy to be manipulated by others.

Scenerio 6:
The soul hurt an aspie in the past life. So thanks to Karma it is also an aspie now.

BTW. I believed in reincarnation for some time and I even made an afford to "see my past lifes".

- My 1st life on earth was in ancient civilization (I can't identify which one: priests wearing red gowns and people believing in bird-faced gods). I was a son from the ruling family and died about 20 year old. My coffin had bird-face on it.
- My 2nd life was a short one. Victorian Era, rich family. I died as a baby(boy) in my crib. I was genetically sick, my head was too big for my body. I was lying there, dead and my sisters and brothers were playing in the same room, thinking I am just sleeping.
- My 3rd life was a long one. I died as an old man on a comfortable chair in his home library. It was 19/20 century. There was noone around. I never started any family.
- My 4th life is now. I'm first time a woman.

Of course I don't give it too much thought. It could be just a dream.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 11:24 am

I'll opt for scenario 3.

Transyl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 5:10 pm

Kiriae wrote:
Scenerio 3:
The soul wants to research human interactions. You can't do it if it comes naturally to you because you won't even realize it is something unusual so you won't pay attention. So it is born an aspie - lacking the natural social ability. Now it can learn about the human interactions without preconceptions.

Very well said. This is how it feels for me. Other people are so close to the people and things in their lives that they lack perspective. But I sit far back and see the whole picture.

ElsaFlowers
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jul 2014, 1:08 am

I believe in past lives but I'm unsure if I was also an Aspie in a past life. Thinking about it now I think I probably was. Seven years ago I was regressed to past life in the 1930s, where I married a man who at first seemed wonderful but then later became mentally abusive. Even though he looked different I knew it was the same man as my children's father in my present life. In present and past life I stayed with him for a long time because I'm afraid of change and for my children. I know in the 1930s it was much harder for a woman to leave her husband usually because she had nowhere else to go, so it could have been for that reason I stayed or it could have been my Aspieness having aversion to change. I guess I'll never know.

I think that some of the bad stuff we go though is to learn lessons and grow spiritually, although often it's not clear what lessons can be learned when sometimes my life is so hard I find myself in the deepest depths of despair. I also feel angry that I'm really bad at painting and drawing where in my past life I was good at it and it was my escape. I don't have that pleasure in this life :(

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2014, 1:36 am

a series of dreams and waking revelations showed me that in one previous lifetime in the early 1800s, I was a prisoner, in that dream I saw my reflection in the window in front of the prison administration office, and I was wearing prison garb and was swarthy and grimy, I looked down at my hands and they were rough-hewn, calloused with many small scars, I was toiling in a vegetable garden with flowers around. I was hot and thirsty in that dream. in a later dream I was a tall blond playboy with no conscience who was a "player" but who got played by an equally evil female who broke my heart [or my ego] and I committed suicide by jumping overboard on my yacht and drowning. in my most recent lifetime I was my own paternal grandmother and I died of emphysema 4 years before I was born in this present lifetime, my main purpose in this lifetime was to watch over my father, my grandmother's ne'er do well son who was all too fond of skirt chasing and alcohol and burning the candle at both ends in general. indeed, I was the reason my father did not leave my mother. not because he was fond of me [quite the opposite!] but because my presence set into motion other things which tethered my dad to my mom.

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2014, 11:08 am

My most recent life was as a cat. And as we know, all cats have Asperger's. I also believe I was killed in battle nearly a thousand years ago in Japan.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2014, 1:24 pm

From what we know from neuroscience "souls" don't appear to exist anyway, so there is no part of us left after death to be reborn again.

:shrug:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2014, 1:32 pm

I bet I was an ass.Went around stabbing people,now I pay by being the accident prone person that gets cut somehow,I have scars all over.
Once I couldn't sleep and I could really smell the fresh grass smell,but them seemed like a battle and horses and the smell of blood ,and crushed grass but I was most likely half in a dream state,but it seemed very real.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2014, 4:06 pm

^^^
I believe you :thumleft:

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2014, 4:09 pm

I don't think I've been here before. If I had I'd be better at it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2014, 4:11 pm

^^^
well if so, your behavior is good for a first-timer. :wtg:

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2014, 4:14 pm

This is my second visit.

babybird