I cannot sleep i think is because heat

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 11:15 pm

Recently in my town happened to a record heat wave over 40 C in my town Wrocławu

Several of my friends, including one member of this forum, and my older neighbor complained that by this damn heat can not sleep. Wroclaw is the southern Polish due to the warm climate of the lower Silesia grow with us endemic tree species such as Plane trees, though they grow well in the Malopolska region where there is a Krakow. plane trees do not grow in northern Poland, and the middle because there is a colder climate.
I like the warmth of the holiday but 40 C is an exaggeration, if I had the money I went to Scandinavia Sweden or Norway.

I'm starting to think more and more often that it survived global warming is not just a figment of environmentalists, but it is very real, Wroclaw has always had a large temperature in the country, but every year it gets warmer in the summer.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 11:33 pm

Mod Edit: moved from GAD to "Random Discussion"

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 12:01 am

From what I can tell, most meteorologists and other experts say global warming is definitely happening. I don't mind desert heat but I cannot tolerate at all humid heat. Does the forecast show any relief in sight?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 12:39 am

i feel you. southern California, USA here, it may not be as hot here as it is over there (low 30's C) but it is this damn humidity that cannot let me sleep. every morning i wake up sweaty needing a shower.
we also got through a huge heat wave back in may. records were being shattered pretty much every day.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 1:10 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
i feel you. southern California, USA here, it may not be as hot here as it is over there (low 30's C) but it is this damn humidity that cannot let me sleep. every morning i wake up sweaty needing a shower.
we also got through a huge heat wave back in may. records were being shattered pretty much every day.

Thanks for your support :)
But you live in the state of California, and there's, like, for example, Spain which is on a similar latitude, the weather is normal there, but in POLAND?, Reportedly Poland lies in a temperate climate zone so from where comes all that heat?

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 10:17 am

I live in a dessert in Washington state and I see an extreme in temperature changes over the seasons. This month, it's gotten over 108'F(42'C) and will see this trend for the next month and a half.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 12:11 pm

They always say,it's not the heat but the humidity.If it's 80 here and humid it's miserable.So far we have had a cool summer,it hasn't been this cool in around a hundred years.I even got a sweater out.90s to a 100 are more usual for this time of year.Thank you polar vortex,just don't come back this winter.Last winter was cold,wished I had a snowmobile.
A few summers ago it was miserable,111 for days and no rain for months and wildfires.