Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,672
Location: Cleveland, OH (and not the nice part)

21 Jul 2014, 1:03 pm

Elizabeth Warren has been flying the no more big business in government, Wall Street = bad, and our students are our future banners pretty high. Anyone have any strong feelings or opinions one way or the other?


_________________
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently" -Nietzsche


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 39,423
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

21 Jul 2014, 1:38 pm

Yay all the way. Wall Street has stolen billions from the American people and nearly sank the economy, and have gotten away with it by convincing both parties that they and what they do is indispensable. It's about time we have a leader who isn't afraid to stand up to make them accountable.
Unfortunately, if the question is if she stands a chance getting elected to the White House - the answer to that clearly is no; not with Hilary Clinton in the running. Plus, Wall Street and their political allies would stop at nothing - maybe even murder - to keep Warren from getting elected.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,367
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Jul 2014, 1:50 pm

Anti-big business but she supports Obamacare and the bank bailouts? Right. I don't buy her fake populist talking points and I think she'd be a weak candidate, she didn't have an easy time winning against the Republican in deep blue Massachusetts in a presidential year. She made a lot of dumb statements like her false claim of being Native American which she received AA for and that she was "the first nursing mother in history to sit for the New Jersey bar exam". She doesn't seem really bright or at least not a very polished speaker, there isn't a lot of substance or honesty when she speaks. I hope this country is smart enough not to elect another Harvard educated freshman senator with no accomplishments.

Warren would impress me more if she spoke out more against Obama's corporatism, aggressive foreign policy, the growing surveillance police state, and our ever eroding civil liberties. Instead she seems more concerned about your typical MSNBC progressive talking points.

Ask Warren where all the TARP money went



GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,139

21 Jul 2014, 2:11 pm

I notice Elizabeth Warren has been getting a lot of hype from Huffington Post.

However, here is some food for thought:

From Gallup, here is the familiarity and net popularity of Warren compared to other potential 2016 presidential candidates:

Image

Same comparison, but only for democrats/democrat leaners:

Image

Source:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/173594/cuomo ... crats.aspx
http://www.gallup.com/poll/173402/clint ... idate.aspx

sonofghandi wrote:
Anyone have any strong feelings or opinions one way or the other?

Well... from the first link above: 57% of Democrats nationally have never heard of or don't have an opinion of Elizabeth Warren.


_________________
Our comforting conviction that the world makes sense rests on a secure foundation: our almost unlimited ability to ignore our ignorance.

- Daniel Kahneman


Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,367
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Jul 2014, 2:20 pm

polls like that are always funny

apparently 8% of Democrats have never heard of Joe Biden



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 39,423
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

21 Jul 2014, 2:39 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Anti-big business but she supports Obamacare and the bank bailouts? Right. I don't buy her fake populist talking points and I think she'd be a weak candidate, she didn't have an easy time winning against the Republican in deep blue Massachusetts in a presidential year. She made a lot of dumb statements like her false claim of being Native American which she received AA for and that she was "the first nursing mother in history to sit for the New Jersey bar exam". She doesn't seem really bright or at least not a very polished speaker, there isn't a lot of substance or honesty when she speaks. I hope this country is smart enough not to elect another Harvard educated freshman senator with no accomplishments.

Warren would impress me more if she spoke out more against Obama's corporatism, aggressive foreign policy, the growing surveillance police state, and our ever eroding civil liberties. Instead she seems more concerned about your typical MSNBC progressive talking points.

Ask Warren where all the TARP money went


I don't doubt she has Native American ancestry, though she may have been mistaken about where and when it entered into her family's gene pool.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,367
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Jul 2014, 3:21 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Anti-big business but she supports Obamacare and the bank bailouts? Right. I don't buy her fake populist talking points and I think she'd be a weak candidate, she didn't have an easy time winning against the Republican in deep blue Massachusetts in a presidential year. She made a lot of dumb statements like her false claim of being Native American which she received AA for and that she was "the first nursing mother in history to sit for the New Jersey bar exam". She doesn't seem really bright or at least not a very polished speaker, there isn't a lot of substance or honesty when she speaks. I hope this country is smart enough not to elect another Harvard educated freshman senator with no accomplishments.

Warren would impress me more if she spoke out more against Obama's corporatism, aggressive foreign policy, the growing surveillance police state, and our ever eroding civil liberties. Instead she seems more concerned about your typical MSNBC progressive talking points.

Ask Warren where all the TARP money went


I don't doubt she has Native American ancestry, though she may have been mistaken about where and when it entered into her family's gene pool.


If she does then then there is zero verifiable evidence of it. Her claim of 1/32 Cherokee ancestry is based on "family lore" and her families "high cheekbones", it's completely laughable she ever identified as Native American and ever worse that this blonde haired blue eyed white woman likely benefited from it as a AA hire at multiple universities over 25 years. The irony is that her great-great-great grandfather Jonathon Crawford was part of the Tennessee Militia which actually rounded up Cherokees in the prelude to the 'Trail Of Tears'

http://legalinsurrection.com/2012/05/cr ... okee-saga/

perhaps she should do one of those DNA tests that are popular now, I've thought about doing it too. What do you think the minimum % should be to claim minority status?



Last edited by Jacoby on 21 Jul 2014, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,970
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

21 Jul 2014, 3:44 pm

It Turns Out Liz Warren Loves Subsidizing Big Businesses and Wall Street. :roll:

Quote:
In the little time she?s been in Congress, Senator Elizabeth Warren has made a name for herself as a populist who talks tough about Wall Street and other large corporations. But is she going to do more than just talk about it?

At the end of last week, Warren confirmed that she still supports the Ex-Im Bank ? a government agency that hurts many U.S. employees of companies not lucky enough to benefit from it and consumers who face higher prices as a result of the subsidies, all for the sake of lining the pockets of the biggest corporations in the country. Here?s what her office told Bloomberg:

Senator Warren believes that the Export-Import Bank helps create American jobs and spur economic growth, but recognizes that there is room for improvement in the bank?s operations. She looks forward to reviewing re-authorization legislation if and when it is introduced.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/383130/it-turns-out-liz-warren-loves-subsidizing-big-businesses-and-wall-street-veronique-de


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 55
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,852
Location: Aux Arcs

21 Jul 2014, 3:46 pm

I think you can be 1/8 and claim heritage.She should get DNA done.I don't know much about her,she could have some native in her.I've seen families with Native blood that have a couple blonde kids and then some that look really native.
Just because she had family that participated in the massacres does not exclude her from Native heritage.My family was also involved in some of those atrocities,King Phillips War and I have Native blood,I'd get DNA if I could afford it.


_________________
"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 39,423
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

21 Jul 2014, 7:49 pm

Raptor wrote:
It Turns Out Liz Warren Loves Subsidizing Big Businesses and Wall Street. :roll:
Quote:
In the little time she?s been in Congress, Senator Elizabeth Warren has made a name for herself as a populist who talks tough about Wall Street and other large corporations. But is she going to do more than just talk about it?

At the end of last week, Warren confirmed that she still supports the Ex-Im Bank ? a government agency that hurts many U.S. employees of companies not lucky enough to benefit from it and consumers who face higher prices as a result of the subsidies, all for the sake of lining the pockets of the biggest corporations in the country. Here?s what her office told Bloomberg:

Senator Warren believes that the Export-Import Bank helps create American jobs and spur economic growth, but recognizes that there is room for improvement in the bank?s operations. She looks forward to reviewing re-authorization legislation if and when it is introduced.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/383130/it-turns-out-liz-warren-loves-subsidizing-big-businesses-and-wall-street-veronique-de


Like she said, there's room for improvement.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,044
Location: Seattle

21 Jul 2014, 8:33 pm

Fauxcahontas? Not really a fan.


_________________
Murum Aries Attigit


Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,970
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

21 Jul 2014, 9:40 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
It Turns Out Liz Warren Loves Subsidizing Big Businesses and Wall Street. :roll:
Quote:
In the little time she?s been in Congress, Senator Elizabeth Warren has made a name for herself as a populist who talks tough about Wall Street and other large corporations. But is she going to do more than just talk about it?

At the end of last week, Warren confirmed that she still supports the Ex-Im Bank ? a government agency that hurts many U.S. employees of companies not lucky enough to benefit from it and consumers who face higher prices as a result of the subsidies, all for the sake of lining the pockets of the biggest corporations in the country. Here?s what her office told Bloomberg:

Senator Warren believes that the Export-Import Bank helps create American jobs and spur economic growth, but recognizes that there is room for improvement in the bank?s operations. She looks forward to reviewing re-authorization legislation if and when it is introduced.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/383130/it-turns-out-liz-warren-loves-subsidizing-big-businesses-and-wall-street-veronique-de


Like she said, there's room for improvement.


While she's in bed with them she says that.....

Lesson about politicians: Don't believe what they say but what they do and what their legislative record indicates. Talk is cheap....


_________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley


TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Oct 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,060

21 Jul 2014, 10:27 pm

Raptor wrote:
It Turns Out Liz Warren Loves Subsidizing Big Businesses and Wall Street. :roll:
Quote:
In the little time she?s been in Congress, Senator Elizabeth Warren has made a name for herself as a populist who talks tough about Wall Street and other large corporations. But is she going to do more than just talk about it?

At the end of last week, Warren confirmed that she still supports the Ex-Im Bank ? a government agency that hurts many U.S. employees of companies not lucky enough to benefit from it and consumers who face higher prices as a result of the subsidies, all for the sake of lining the pockets of the biggest corporations in the country. Here?s what her office told Bloomberg:

Senator Warren believes that the Export-Import Bank helps create American jobs and spur economic growth, but recognizes that there is room for improvement in the bank?s operations. She looks forward to reviewing re-authorization legislation if and when it is introduced.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/383130/it-turns-out-liz-warren-loves-subsidizing-big-businesses-and-wall-street-veronique-de


National Review portraying sucking up to Wall Street and corporate interests as a bad thing. That's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see how that works out for them.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 39,423
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

22 Jul 2014, 12:16 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
It Turns Out Liz Warren Loves Subsidizing Big Businesses and Wall Street. :roll:
Quote:
In the little time she?s been in Congress, Senator Elizabeth Warren has made a name for herself as a populist who talks tough about Wall Street and other large corporations. But is she going to do more than just talk about it?

At the end of last week, Warren confirmed that she still supports the Ex-Im Bank ? a government agency that hurts many U.S. employees of companies not lucky enough to benefit from it and consumers who face higher prices as a result of the subsidies, all for the sake of lining the pockets of the biggest corporations in the country. Here?s what her office told Bloomberg:

Senator Warren believes that the Export-Import Bank helps create American jobs and spur economic growth, but recognizes that there is room for improvement in the bank?s operations. She looks forward to reviewing re-authorization legislation if and when it is introduced.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/383130/it-turns-out-liz-warren-loves-subsidizing-big-businesses-and-wall-street-veronique-de


Like she said, there's room for improvement.


While she's in bed with them she says that.....

Lesson about politicians: Don't believe what they say but what they do and what their legislative record indicates. Talk is cheap....


The fact that she makes Wall Street wet their collective pants is a plus for me. She must be doing something good.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


luanqibazao
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 754
Location: Last booth, Akston's Diner

22 Jul 2014, 2:18 am

The short answer would be "But I don't think of her." Just another nasty mediocrity who doesn't understand the first thing about economics but thinks she's qualified to direct the economy at gunpoint. It's a sad commentary on our culture when such people rise to national prominence.