Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

luanqibazao
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2014, 2:53 am

Politicians have been playing this game for ages:

1. Make scary noises about Wall Street fat cats;
2. Collect campaign contributions from Wall Street fat cats;
3. Once elected, do the bidding of Wall Street fat cats, while continuing to pose as a defender of the little guy.

Anyone claiming that a pol is not following the usual pattern needs to show some solid evidence.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2014, 3:19 am

luanqibazao wrote:

3. Once elected, do the bidding of Wall Street fat cats, while continuing to pose as a defender of the little guy.

Anyone claiming that a pol is not following the usual pattern needs to show some solid evidence.

Until proven otherwise, I'm in her corner. No politician is perfect by any sense, but I think Warren is one of the best of a bad lot so far.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2014, 10:51 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
luanqibazao wrote:

Until proven otherwise, I'm in her corner. No politician is perfect by any sense, but I think Warren is one of the best of a bad lot so far.

You're in her corner because there's a D by her name and not and R.
The scenario that luanqibazao predicted has the most plausibility. She'll quietly be in the sack with Wall Street while claiming to be for the "little guy" and throwing in the occasional token gesture to make people like you think she's in your corner. Do you really think Wall Street would allow anyone to come along and shake their tree? You think they won't play dirty (really dirty) to protect themselves? You f**k around with people with that much power and you are for a fact playing with fire and she knows it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2014, 12:07 pm

asssss

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
luanqibazao wrote:

You're in her corner because there's a D by her name and not and R.
The scenario that luanqibazao predicted has the most plausibility. She'll quietly be in the sack with Wall Street while claiming to be for the "little guy" and throwing in the occasional token gesture to make people like you think she's in your corner. Do you really think Wall Street would allow anyone to come along and shake their tree? You think they won't play dirty (really dirty) to protect themselves? You f**k around with people with that much power and you are for a fact playing with fire and she knows it.

No, I think she's cool because Wall Street needs to change their collective underpants in regard to her. If a Republican did that, I'd support him or her.
And as a matter of fact, Wall Street had played dirty trying to derail her, to no avail. And since when is a Republican like you so cynical about Wall Street capitalists? I thought you guys envisioned them as some sort of demigods.
But if you're right, and it turns out she betrays everything she says she supports, I'll drop my support for her like a gooey turd.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2014, 12:37 pm

/\ No, Im just realist enough to know what can be expected to be fixed and what can't and I won't waste time on heartfelt little fix-it crusades.
Btw, I worship no one.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2014, 12:42 pm

Raptor wrote:
/\ No, Im just realist enough to know what can be expected to be fixed and what can't and I won't waste time on heartfelt little fix-it crusades.
Btw, I worship no one.

Save for the Almighty Automatic Rifle in heaven! :lol:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2014, 12:50 pm

Raptor is telling a falsehood,here is his personal Jesus.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2014, 12:59 pm

Here's a better one.
When I said I worshipped no one I meant no mortal being or entity, not The Lord.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2014, 1:20 pm

The Lord?Did you get saved :twisted:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2014, 1:26 pm

/\ And to think there are people who have labeled ME a thread derailer. :roll:

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2014, 3:55 am

Yay all the way for Warren but wouldn't be surprised if someone didn't at least make an attempt of her life. Big money wants no part of her, and her running would be meaningless without Bernie Sanders. Those two are destined for each other.