Tips (thought I'd post this as I'm bored!)

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

JuliaBoon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jul 2014, 9:46 pm

I've been watching this show called "Online Dating Rituals of the Modern Male" and I'd thought I'd share this tidbit I thought might be useful as I've found on the sister site Aspie Affection, most people with AS or ASD don't post pictures of themselves and I am one of them.

Now my theory is that they don't think themselves attractive, while I don't post because of a fear of stranger danger (I've had a REAL stalker before!). But I really want to share this tip.

You are FAR more likely to get a date if you post at least 4 pictures of yourself, the content being:
One of your face.
One of your full body.
And two of you doing something fun!

You don't have to be a model, most girls aren't looking for that these days (especially on a site like Aspie Affection), just be yourself and be a little less shy!

Hope the tips helped!

Wishing you luck,
Julia

ammmartin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Jul 2014, 12:21 am

Thanks alot since I'm now doing online dating and I have yet to find any success.

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2014, 9:25 pm

There aren't that many pictures of me I like. And I don't have any pictures of me doing something fun because I go out alone and don't have any friends to take pictures of me doing something fun.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2014, 10:11 pm

This is for ladies. Full body pics of you doing something cultural work best if you want to attract high quality men.

More skin showing in your pix = more creepy sexual messages.

You can show off your figure (i.e. tight clothing) but do not expose your skin too much. Just my 2 cents.

JuliaBoon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jul 2014, 1:07 am

Yuzu, by full body I meant anything from a bikini shot to just standing there in a shirt and jeans. The show wasn't specific but your right, the more skin the more creeps you'll probably attract!

This post was aimed at ladies trying to attract men, but could be useful for men attracting women.

As for doing something fun, it can be anything from chess to skydiving. It doesn't have to involve other people!

Oh and here's something else I remember, pictures with pets (ie dogs, cat etc) are supposed to attract people to your profile as we'll...

Ferrus91
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jul 2014, 10:22 am

This is one of those threads where the whole premise doesn't really justify its existence as a whole topic to discuss.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 10:48 am

^ "one of those threads"? Which other threads do you think "the whole premise doesn't really justify its existence as a whole topic to discuss."?
What is so special about this particular topic that made you decided to take your time to write a post just to say that?
I'm guessing something about this thread rubs you the wrong way more?

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 11:08 am

Agreed with the topicstarter. It's the way it works on tinder as well. If you only have one or two facial pictures you usually get swiped away immediately.
I have to admit that I prefer guys that put up more pictures as well. And not just portrait shots of the face only.

vrc_
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jul 2014, 11:16 am

Tip:
AspieAffection is broken, ditch the website and move on to a more reliable service. Alex appears to have been promising updates forever but those are yet to see the light of day and the site gives plenty of errors

It can be a free website(okcupid appears to be the most popular) or it can be paid , I do not care.

JuliaBoon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jul 2014, 12:34 am

Note, I only wrote this cause I was bored and felt like sharing!

Cafeaulait, thanks for the agree. Was just trying to help out my fellows. Here's something, when I saw this guy on Aspie Affection I was so blown away just because he had a pic, so that just shows how effective they can be.

Vrc_ oh I think Aspie Affection has potential, plus it's free so I don't expect much anyway.
Met a neat guy there just recently, let's see where it goes :D