Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Coolguy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Jul 2014, 9:31 am

Men or women?

People seem to have this idea that men are logic/fact driven and that women are feeling/emotionally driven.

Me personally, I don't think that's true. I think men are just as motivated by emotion as women. They're just better at rationalizing the crazy things they do.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2014, 10:20 am

It?s really hard to answer that q. I?d really want to think both men and women are the same. However, men are socially conditioned not to show emotions too much, particularly in a way that would make them look weak. Women are socially expected to show more emotions to look feminine. Because of this social conditioning, women appear to be more emotional but I don?t think it?s as simple as that. I really hope that those ideas of gender-appropriate behavior will disappear and we will all be free from gender roles.

I have no idea about how men?s and women?s emotions differ, from the biological point of view. There may be something to do with hormones etc.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2014, 6:17 pm

Women use both hemispheres of the brain when listening (language interpretation), while men only use the left side. This may make a difference in the perception of women being more emotional.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

26 Jul 2014, 6:36 pm

I think it's more on an individual basis when it comes to being/showing emotion. There's a lot of critical factors that can play into it, IMHO.

Marylandman889
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jul 2014, 8:20 pm

It really depends on the individual. I'm driven by both Emotion and Logic.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2014, 8:39 pm

I'm the only one I know who cries when listening to "Scheherazade." :cry:

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 9:54 am

Honestly I think it depends on a person-to-person basis. I think I am halfway between both. I mean, I am driven by logic and patterns. I am absolutely pragmatic. However, if I think I am being threatened (may lose property, become homeless etc) then my emotions may come into play. I think that stereotyping is definitely a mistake though.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 11:36 am

From my experience, woman are more emotional than men. Men have emotions, but tend to express it in a different way than women.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 Aug 2014, 11:33 pm

It can very aLOT by individual sense no two men or women are the same & now that I'm done with the disclaimer to cover LOTs of exceptions. Stereotypical men & women can both be pretty emotional but in different ways; men get more angry & humorous & women get more upset & happy.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition