Unusual things that scare you or freak you out

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

The_Gimp
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jul 2014, 1:57 pm

Flying kites-, I have not a clue why, but it has always been uncomfortable.
The "It's a small world" ride from Disneyland- Made me cry as a child, and it's moderately terrifying today. Just everything about it. (Everyone thought I was nuts) Just NO!
-Just as when it's too noisy, too much silence can be aggravating.
-While I'm not claustrophobic,, basements do terrify me because I know I'm surrounded by bugs and rodents even though I can't see them.
-I don't like being touched (probably common ground here) by those I don't approve. I don't go all Rain men crazy, but it's not pleasant.
-Dolls, they all look possessed to me.
-Films and cartoons from the 1940's

featherbrained
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jul 2014, 2:09 pm

those 1930's, 1940's cartoons are extremely scary.

elevators are frightening to me. I won't get in them alone.

people's faces often frighten me. especially dull-eyed people. or when women laugh and their lipstick spreads out into a menace over small teeth.

dolls, yes, or photos in bedrooms. like icons of Christ or portraits of family members. gotta turn them around before I can sleep. I don't like to be stared at.

loud noises get me really upset.

etc, etc.

The_Gimp
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jul 2014, 2:13 pm

Loud noises especially:
I might add: The vacuum cleaner really terrified me as a toddler, and the reason being because of my very sensitive hearing but over time you do tend to adapt to the noise.

Protector88
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jul 2014, 2:19 pm

I am so afraid of Spiders. I love animals so much but Spiders just freak me out.

Loud noises also aren't my favorite thing in the world. I get your comment on too quite as well. I hate it when it's too quite.

The dentist is also something that's very scary.

FracturedRocket
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 3:08 pm

Any item that has the color combination of yellow, orange, and brown on it. 8O

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 3:19 pm

Syringe needles. I get a panic attack everytime I am supposed to get an injection or a blood test. When I was a child 3 people had to hold me during vaccines and even then I was able to move and break the needle placed in my arm, then run around like a wild animal, not letting anyone touch me.
Spiders.
The sound of vacuum cleaner or washing machine.
Sleeping on ground floor (even on bed). I can't stand the idea there is ground right under the floor, I need to know there is another room, basement or at least empty foundation under me. I don't know why. However the rule doesn't apply for tents, only buildings.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 3:44 pm

Ceiling fans. I'm very uncomfortable under them. I feel it might come off while still spinning and chop the head off whoever happens to be there. I always avoid being near ceiling fans. I don't know if such an accident has ever happened. I watched a horror movie in which someone gets decapitated in that way.

Elevators. I have heard about some gruesome elevator accidents on TV news etc. They could be realistically dangerous and scary although such accidents are very rare. I do use elevators when it's not practical to avoid them.

SameStars
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 4:27 pm

Most of my fears aren't that unusual.
I'm afraid of flying on a plane. Wasps scare me to the point of making a run for it. I dislike needles.
Fireworks, pretty as it may be, make me very uncomfortable. Too loud and unpredictable.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 4:33 pm

Disembodied facial hair, like for costumes. Some actors were using the restroom in the break room for a dressing area and there was a fake mustache in a clear plastic box. It filled me with such dread that I couldn't use the restroom all day until it was finally removed.

MathematicalOwl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jul 2014, 1:55 pm

Depths. I don't like being low down, looking up at things.
Holding insects or small animals, not because I'm scared of them, but because I'm scared I'll accidentally kill them.

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 4:06 pm

Earwigs.

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 5:28 pm

I don't think I have any "unusual" fears, or whatever. I, of course, don't like LOUD noises. I also agree with the other posters on "quiet"----silence can be deafening. Also, I had forgotten about how I feel about ceiling fans, until OP said it----I have trouble with them being over my head, TOO. Also, as much as I appreciate ALL of God's creatures, I'm not very fond of birds----TOO noisy. Every once-in-awhile they'll (birds) alight on my balcony and I throw lightweight things at the window to get rid of them (light enough to rattle the blinds and scare them off, but not heavy enough to break the window). Also, I hate when people are talking, and carrying-on, down on the street (I'm only on the second floor, and my walls are surely made of papier-mâché), because it is terribly annoying when I'm trying to watch TV----it's like when people whisper in a movie theatre. I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think-of, right now.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 5:47 pm

trailer homes make me feel weird.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

mezzanotte
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 5:50 pm

the Love and Dating section of this forum

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 6:17 pm

^i wouldn't call that unusual. :lol:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2014, 12:07 pm

Really wide-open spaces can make my mouth go dry and I have trouble swallowing, and I start to panic. I developed this problem in my late teens, and it's supposedly really odd because I grew up in the country. But there were plenty of trees and bushes and hills and enough houses to make me feel comfortable. It's the though of being in a place where there's nothing but flat open land everywhere, and if I look up at the sky I feel almost like I'm about to fall off the planet, as strange as it sounds. The thought of being in outer space like the astronauts also makes me feel weird. Just floating silently in endlessness with no surfaces at all... makes me want to huddle inside my apartment with all the lights on. I enjoy swimming, but the thought of being in the open sea with no land in sight is also scary. Even being on a ship that way gives me the willies and I once suffered a panic attack while on a ferry with my parents a few years ago. :oops: