Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

TigerEyes91
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Jul 2014, 4:25 pm

I'm a fan of Legend of Zelda, and I'm curious as to the new direction the series is supposed to be taking on the Wii U. Link in some blue outfit with a bow and arrow, and a ponytail.. I think the formula they have had since the 80's works okay, I see no need to get rid of the trademark green tunic of the hero. And, I hope this game doesn't retcon the intricate split timeline of the game series. I love the confusing split timeline, discussing it is very interesting to me, and I've always been fond of alternate reality theories.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2014, 11:38 am

also a fan of LOZ.
i think the ponytail piques my interest more. we've seen all sorts of odd tunics, but nothing much done to his hair. :?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

30 Jul 2014, 2:28 am

I'm actually excited to see how this game works out. All the Zelda fun in an open world makes me really excited. :D

I'm sure they'll integrate his traditional tunic somehow. This wouldn't be the first game where he would start off without it, anyway.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 4:09 am

I'm quite excited for the new Zelda, and I really like Link's new design. ^^ Not that there was anything wrong with the old one, I'm still a fan of it, but change is good once in a while. I mainly hope they did what they did with A Link Between Worlds, and make the game more open-ended. I loved how you could do the dungeons on ALBW out of order, and acquire most of the items in the game near the start. It also made it so that the puzzle design was more inventive, and less like "use this item you just acquired to overcome this roadblock, and never use it again except to defeat the boss."

TigerEyes91

30 Jul 2014, 2:40 pm

The ponytail is awesome definitely, I just hope not everything is hitting reboot. The hairstyle and bow and arrow is cool, they could find a way to integrate his green tunic, but the whole history of the in game universe should stay the same. They did so much building, like with Skyward Sword explaining a few things, and I wanted the Link from the two NES games to make a reappearance, as well as the Link from A Link to the past/Link's Awakening, so I hope the split timeline remains :)