Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2014, 2:56 pm

Be clear Im not talking about passionate love.

Im talking about passion as an alternative to obsession.

Obsession implies were fixated on something out of miserable inability to move on to other things.

Its also the kind of language which may reflect why so much of the vibe around ASDs can be considered negativity.

I also think it fundamentally understates how much of our life is actually quite pleasant and purposeful.

For me its language, history, culture, philosophy, commerce, and often how that intercepts with physical technology..

So what are you passionate about..

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2014, 2:58 pm

Skiing.

Wreck It Ralph

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2014, 3:36 pm

Despite some unattractive tendencies I'd say I honestly am passionate about love. Not so much physical contact perhaps but I at least give decent hugs. I love all my friends even when they confuse or scare me. All that's required from me in this mode of existence is patience. Patience for my people to realize what their love has done for my lesser passions; I love technology too, but not as much as I love my chosen family who know how I live. Even my own relationship is still catching up to this new, disciplined openness, perhaps I fell behind in precisely that regard. Being extroverted with HFA is a way to teach people to respect their own passions.

I agree with all my heart about the harmful ideals of obsession, passion is for everyone to learn & benefit from. Passion brings resolution and the resolute survive to learn & show love. The most resolute earn our unconditional love & learn the most from our passions.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2014, 3:39 pm

based on the dictionary definition have read of the word, mine is special olympics competing,animals and activism.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2014, 3:49 pm

Of course. We have more, more real, and more powerful passions than most NTs.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

29 Jul 2014, 5:03 pm

Interesting. I guess I never realized how people lable passionate behavor as obsessive? Why do they do that?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 12:44 am

For the autistic population I do not have a clue. For me both. The things I am passion does get in the way of other things including other passions.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 30 Jul 2014, 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

BelleAmi
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Jul 2014, 1:32 am

I am passionate about my painting and writing - they are vital to my life - other things of an OCD nature come and go! There is a very big difference, and as I have got older it has become more obvious. I got confused between them when I was younger, but you live and learn! :)

Arthur Rimbaud.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 2:08 am

Writing and flying.

I haven't been able to afford to keep the flying going, so I use Flight Sim a lot.
Writing is cathartic (never liked the word, but what else is there).

Sometimes I get a little obsessive, other times just passionate.

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

Muziek
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jul 2014, 7:14 am

Yes, as long as I can remember I have had those kind of passions you are talking about. I am darned serieus when it comes to this subject and invest huge amounts of energy and time in them out of free will.

I have learned that my feeling world is more intense then my world of thoughts. Therefore I have ended up more in the arts (music) subjects instead of the science (physics & math) or technoligy (software writer/computer programmer).

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 10:55 am

I can be very passionate about music and I'm getting back into art and I'll be passionate about that as well. I like all kinds of music from different cultures and I'm very passionate about the music of the 60s British Invasion and The Kinks in particular. I also like The Kinks and the way their different characters stood up within their original line-up.