Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2014, 11:05 pm

So, my Mom, whom I have been sharing an apartment with for the past 3 1/2 years, will be departing to a senior's building this August/September. I was going to move to a smaller place, but upon meeting a suitable lodger (serendipitous converging of paths) I have decided to stay put and split the rent. I absolutely love my apartment, so am very pleased to stay. But I have never lived with anyone in a roommate situation before and I have no idea what the protocols are.
Any tips or experiences? Do's and don'ts? He's a nice kid - totally different generation. He was born in the '90s, me 1970. Lucky bastard missed the '80s. lol

Protector88
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jul 2014, 11:36 pm

Be clear on what you don't like him to do. I hope things go alright. I am glad you got to stay there.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 12:44 am

Thanks! I will have to be clear about my expectations. I'm not sure how long this arrangement will last. He has a girlfriend and will probably want to get a place of his own soon enough. But it buys me a little more time here. I had a job interview today and it went well. It's at this place that hires people with mental disabilities for various kinds of work depending on the person's strengths. I applied for packing mechanical kits, but he asked me if I was any good at computers (which I am,) so maybe something in the office. Fingers crossed because not working is not working for me.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 12:50 am

Sounds like things are looking up for you.