Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Quantum_Immortal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Aug 2014, 4:21 am

I started this thread after reading your post.
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp6184611.html

There was a while i was thinking to make it.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2014, 10:02 am

kaedatiger wrote:
In my experience, frequently socializing with friends with diverse social groups is one of the best ways to meet potential partners.

As for worthiness, that's not a real thing. You are worthy when you decide that you are worthy. If you're worried about meeting a standard, the easy solution is to upgrade yourself in some way. Update your wardrobe, learn or improve a skill, fix your health habits, or something else you can level up for benefits.

I know what to do but I feel to depressed for that. I only have one friend.

kaedatiger
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Aug 2014, 12:23 pm

sly279 wrote:
RightGalaxy wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kaedatiger wrote:
In my experience, frequently socializing with friends with diverse social groups is one of the best ways to meet potential partners.

As for worthiness, that's not a real thing. You are worthy when you decide that you are worthy. If you're worried about meeting a standard, the easy solution is to upgrade yourself in some way. Update your wardrobe, learn or improve a skill, fix your health habits, or something else you can level up for benefits.

that leads to drama. you start dating a friend of a friend, it goes south now the mutual friend is mad at you. same for work/volunteer and clubs.

I geuss if one doesn't care about losing a job, friend or social club it might be an ok risk. I can't afford to lose those.. not to mention non of my friends or family care enough to introduce me to women.

I'm in the same boat AspieOtaku, wish I could solve our problem. eventually my family will move on to other things and I'll be truely alone.

People live in black and white too often and never see the gray area of forgiveness. If someone gets mad at you, open your mouth and apologize from your heart and tell them it's from your heart. Swallow your pride and accept their forgiveness. Wherever there are people, there will be drama. People DO ruin everything - just focus on the task at hand - if the drama can't handle "you", then tell it to f**ck off.

apologize for what?

what I mean is you date girl A from work , goes south you break up, girl A gets you fired from work. now you're jobless .
if I never date at work then I won't lose my job from dating at work.

I never suggested dating a coworker, just expanding the social circle until someone suitable enters the picture. Preferably more than one someone.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2014, 6:59 pm

how do you do that without making friends with people at work/friends of friends or dating them o.O

kaedatiger
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Aug 2014, 9:05 am

I dunno, maybe everyone should just date strangers and I've been doing it wrong the whole time. I don't really have the sort of friends who stop chilling just because I decided not to continue dating a mutual friend. That would be petty since all but one of my exes and I are on civilized terms.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 7:36 pm

You are worthy. :)

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 7:57 pm

I prefer to think that no one can ever be worthy of love. We all have our imperfections.

The only way one can be worthy of love is if someone else makes them worthy. The only way to make someone worthy of love is to love them in spite of their unworthiness. Love is a gift we give each other. It isn't something that can be earned, but is rather an action we choose to do on our own terms.

If you're waiting to be worthy of it, you'll never learn to see it.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 10:12 pm

kaedatiger wrote:
I dunno, maybe everyone should just date strangers and I've been doing it wrong the whole time. I don't really have the sort of friends who stop chilling just because I decided not to continue dating a mutual friend. That would be petty since all but one of my exes and I are on civilized terms.

not wrong just different. I've just seen how it can cause troubles via other friends. if it worked out It would be great I imagine.
I don't have friends who would introduce me to women. there is also the problem that once someone sees you as a friend it is hard to change that view at least from my experience.

for example there is this woman my sister knows. she is quite pretty, nice voice, seems really nice and sweet. she likes nerdy stuff like me. yet even though my sister brought up the idea after I was hurt by the last girl, she has yet to make any effort to introduce us.

I can't think of any way of doing it myself without seeming like a creep or stalker.