Page 2 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2014, 11:26 am

The_Walrus wrote:
yournamehere wrote:
I like this evolution theory thing. It can be wrong though. Of couse evolving exists. It would be soo wrong not to think so. My universe is constantly changing. I am in a constant state of flux. But we evolved from pigs, not monkeys. Monkeys are stupid. Pigs are much smarter. And then there is the age old question. What came first. The chicken or the egg? Still yet an unanswered evolutionary question.

Answers please.

Pigs are smart, but chimpanzees (our closest relations) beat them hands down. Genetics and anatomy also both point to humans being mostly closely related to great apes.

The egg pre-dates the chicken by a long way.

GregCav wrote:
It's true pigs are closer to humans that monkeys. And we get a lot of organ doners from pigs because we are compatible with them. Pigs are also the only other animal that can catch the common cold.

While there is a lot written about evolution. I don't believe it's ever been demonstrated yet, (ie; not proven).

I do not believe it has been tested which animals can catch human "colds". Pigs and humans share some influenza viruses, but this is not uncommon - human also share influenza viruses with birds (remember the Avian flu scare?).

Pig hearts are transplanted into humans because they are about the right size and they are plentiful. Pigs are very common and have this habit of dying all the time, whereas chimps are rare in the West and don't die nearly as often. Pig hearts are frequently rejected, which is why there is such a strong push to develop human hearts from cell cultures and why human donors are so highly sought.

Evolution has been proven.

Plus, where is the fossil record showing intermediate pig-humans? There are in fact a series of fossils, such as Australopithecus, that share characteristics of modern humans and more primitive primates.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2014, 2:08 pm

TallyMan wrote:
salad wrote:
No where in the bible is evolution even hinted as being scientifically feasible. God's iq>>>>>>>>>>>>>yours you arrogant ignorant human. God created the universe, such a complex intricate machine. You'd be lucky to be even able to create a bicycle.

The bible is mythology. Evolution is a fact, it is happening, it is true. However you choose to handle the fact of evolution is your problem - you can bury your head in the sand and pretend it isn't true but you are just deluding yourself. Oh, by the way, in case you don't know... the earth isn't flat and the Sun doesn't revolve around the earth.
Also snakes do not and cannot talk and men weren't made from mud nor women made from a mans ribs! The Earth is 4.5 billion years old not 6000 years old and Noahs Flood never happened. :P

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

AspergianMutantt
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2014, 2:35 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
salad wrote:
No where in the bible is evolution even hinted as being scientifically feasible. God's iq>>>>>>>>>>>>>yours you arrogant ignorant human. God created the universe, such a complex intricate machine. You'd be lucky to be even able to create a bicycle.

The bible is mythology. Evolution is a fact, it is happening, it is true. However you choose to handle the fact of evolution is your problem - you can bury your head in the sand and pretend it isn't true but you are just deluding yourself. Oh, by the way, in case you don't know... the earth isn't flat and the Sun doesn't revolve around the earth.
Also snakes do not and cannot talk and men weren't made from mud nor women made from a mans ribs! The Earth is 4.5 billion years old not 6000 years old and Noahs Flood never happened. :P

Err actually, the flooding did happen, just it wasn't Noah's and it didn't cover the whole world. the ice age was ending and large lakes of damned up water on glaciers eventually broke and flooded large regions. and since to them in that age that region was their world you have passed down many flood stories.

Pietus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Jul 2014, 3:07 pm

All this talk reminds me of a great saying.

"The good thing about science is it's true whether you believe it or not."

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2014, 3:27 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Humanaut wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
So aliens from another universe conspired to punk us out into THINKING that there was evolution (by planting fossils) when there was not evolution?

I wouldn't put it past them. Either that or God created fake evidence of evolution just to test our faith.

I've also heard the idea that Satan had planted the fossil record in order to mislead the faithful!

Maybe Satan wrote the Bible for the same reason!

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2014, 3:48 pm

6000 year old fossil of Beelzebub:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2014, 6:06 pm

Hail Satan!

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2014, 8:57 pm

TheBicyclingGuitarist wrote:
I see two people in this thread both said they think humans evolved from pigs, not monkeys.

I do believe that we evolved from pigs. That's why some religions forbid the eating of pork. Its too close too cannibalism. :lol:

TheBicyclingGuitarist
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2014, 3:49 am

mmm bacon! 8)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2014, 8:03 am

You, and I, are....

the other white meat!

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2014, 7:51 pm

It sure would take a lot of grease to fry up a T-Rex drumstick.
http://theconversation.com/take-a-t-rex ... irds-29996

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2014, 8:02 pm

Fred Flintstone certainly loved T-Rex drumsticks!

When Wilma cooked one, the grease that resulted would last the Flintstones the whole year, even when they give Barney and Betty half.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2014, 9:34 pm

Misslizard wrote:
It sure would take a lot of grease to fry up a T-Rex drumstick.
http://theconversation.com/take-a-t-rex ... irds-29996

For such a short article, it was certainly informative. And to think, my family and I just ate dinosaur for dinner!

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 11:08 am

:D ^I have a Dino feeder in the yard.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 12:06 pm

Misslizard wrote:
:D ^I have a Dino feeder in the yard.

Just imagine looking out your window one morning to see a T Rex with it's snout in the feeder - or rather, eating the whole thing!:lol:

TheBicyclingGuitarist
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 12:12 pm

Birds almost certainly evolved from dinosaurs, but technically dinosaurs do not fly by the definition of what a dinosaur is. So the birds of today are not dinosaurs though they are their descendants. Even pterodactyls are not dinosaurs but are flying reptiles. Similarly ichthyosaurs are not dinosaurs but are marine reptiles. I know when I got bags of toy plastic dinosaurs they often included flying reptiles and marine reptiles that were contemporaries of dinosaurs, but they aren't correctly called dinosaurs even though the label on the toy bag implied that. What's in a name, huh Bill (Shakespeare)?