Little Downs Baby Abandoned after Parents paid Surrogate

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2014, 5:45 am

A heartless Australian couple who abandoned their surrogate baby with the poverty-stricken Thai woman who carried him, because he has Down syndrome, has potentially destroyed not just that child?s chance of survival but the dreams of who knows how many would-be parents.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinio ... 6889665740

I realise the child doesn't have autism but it's not hard to see the parents behave the same if the child was severely autistic. The worst thing is the boy had a twin sister who the parents took back to Australia. The little girl will grow up never knowing her parents deliberately left her twin to die in Thailand.

I'm thinking is it possible to lay criminal charges against these disgusting people? any ideas?

Chelsie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Aug 2014, 9:23 am

This is absolutely horrid. How could you do something like this. They obviously knew during her pregnancy and should have took the time to learn about the disability and prepare themselves instead of making plans to abandon the baby. Ugh...some people disgust me.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2014, 10:25 am

At the very least, they could have brought the child back to Australia before giving him up for adoption. What chance does he have in Thailand?
Thanks to the internet, I'm sure their daughter will one day learn what they did and be disgusted by them. At least they won't be able to sweep it under the rug.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2014, 10:55 am

In cases like this couple, I sincerely hope there is a Hell. :evil:

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 3:02 am

The couple originally wanted the baby aborted but the thai woman said no due to religious beliefs. The couple probably just said "f**k you, you're on your own with it then"

That they went overseas to find a surrogate speaks enough. They wanted to dodge the laws in Australia. In Australia you can't pay a surrogate beyond reimbursing them for medical costs. The $11k they offered to pay her was paltry IMO.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 2:06 pm

What those parents did to that baby was horrible. I'd adopt him in a heartbeat.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 2:33 pm

blue_bean wrote:
The couple originally wanted the baby aborted but the thai woman said no due to religious beliefs. The couple probably just said "f**k you, you're on your own with it then"

Ive not read about that but if it is the case then honestly, that child is not the responsibility of the AUS parents now. If the roles were reversed and it had been the surrogate who had said she wanted an abortion then she would have had all the right in the world because even though it wasn't her biological baby it was her body. IF it is true and the Thai woman chose to refuse the abortion then there is no reason why the AUS parents should be responsible for the child.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 6:00 pm

it is an absolute disgrace that the couple still got the girl in the end as this raises doubts as to whether they coud even care for her when shes going through tougher moments like the terrible twos/threes,they shoud have paid the surrogate the full money at the very least to enable her to look after gammy,he needs heart surgery already and he looks like he might end up needing tongue reducing surgery to help his speech and eating when he is older [very common problem in DS], luckily there has been a lot of kind hearted people with paypal accounts and credit cards giving to his 'hope for gammy' appeal.

hope the woman gets a tv series out of this following the life of gammy and enables her son a healthy financial future plus it might make it easier for his twin to track him down in the future,it sounds like he coudnt have a better mum and stepbrother though.

he is a beautiful baby,people with down syndrome shoud be respected on the same level as everyone else, in an ideal world woud love to adopt a child with down syndrome,unlike other disability or neurotype groups have always gotten on with DS kids and adults,they have a lot of love and care for others and am yet to be bullied by one.

finaly,to the UK at the very least;the word gammy means 'disabled/disability/impaired', so from our view of the world its a bad choice of name for the poor lad.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 7:19 pm

I read in the paper this morning Moira Kelly is trying to get him to Australia so he can go to the Royal Childrens' Hospital.

Moira Kelly is a lady who has helped lots of children with her Childrenfirst foundation she looks after them while they are recovering from their operations, there has been some money raised to help The little boy.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2014, 3:42 am

The parents of baby Gammy first tried to wash their hands of the child by claiming they asked the surrogate to abort the twins. The problem with this story is that it means they were happy for Gammy's baby sister to have been aborted as well.

Just today they have changed their story and now claim baby Gammy is not theirs.
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/parent ... 7012256324

I suspect when they heard the Australian prime minister was intervening to help Gammy they fabricated another lie to save their backsides (quite obviously if the surrogate mother had twins it's impossible that Gammy and his twin aren't genetically related). These people are just unbelievable.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2014, 8:42 am

I read today that the bio father is claiming he didn't even know Gammy existed until the news story came out. I wonder how his wife likes being thrown under the proverbial bus? Seems this family does nothing but turn on each other. I'm starting to feel more sorry for their daughter than their son. At least Gammy's surrogate mother is a nice person.
I hope Australia will pay for the boy's medical care. His Thai mom should file for child support. Plenty of men who don't want to be parents and aren't interested in their children still have to pay for their support, so why shouldn't this loser?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2014, 3:01 pm

Some people should not be allowed to be parents.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2014, 3:14 pm

If they adopt a child,and it colors outside the lines,than heaven help it.

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2014, 3:51 pm

I think surrogacy should be made illegal. It exploits desperate women, and condemns the orphans who would have had a home in lieu of surrogacy.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2014, 9:38 pm

Quote:
finaly,to the UK at the very least;the word gammy means 'disabled/disability/impaired', so from our view of the world its a bad choice of name for the poor lad.

I'm sure that's the case in every country of the English speaking world. Gammy is a horrible name to give a child for any reason.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2014, 10:24 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Some people should not be allowed to be parents.

You know what they say - - you need a license to own a gun or drive a car, but any assh*le can be a parent.