Page 1 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 10:11 pm

Misslizard wrote:
^My daughter is a Valkyrie :D .Anyway,that's what I call her.
Its true and she has a keen sense of hearing!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 10:16 pm

So it's an actual Valkyrie, and not that Tom Cruise WW2 movie?

Anyway, I thought this thread was going to be about abortion.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2014, 1:51 am

Misslizard wrote:
^But you know what they say about opnions :D
Men can also be judged on their choices,say a man likes flowery shirts,maybe something lacy.He gets made fun of because society thinks only women should wear things that are frilly.
When my daughter lived in Seattle my son made a trip to see her,he wears a cowboy hat regularly,people do around here.She was a jerk about it and told him he couldn't wear that in Seattle.She should not have shamed him over his choice of a hat.

Every year at music festivals, people camping with us laugh at my funny Cowboy hat on the first day. (Living in middle europe, so it really does not fit.) Every year at festivals, when its getting f*****g hot all day and you are outside the whole day long, and everyone is starting to get sunburns on their shoulders and backs, anyway how much sunoil they use, they get jealous at my glorious Cowboy hat. ^^ Cowboy hats are great. :)

ripped
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2014, 3:12 am

Another strawman thread. :roll:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2014, 11:11 am

^Why do you say that?I wish people wouldn't use that word,I always see the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz.

NobodyKnows
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2014, 12:03 pm

Nobody is telling you that you can't be fat and hairy. There are plenty of men who would happily be your friend or lover despite both. You run into problems when you're picky about men but expect them to not be picky when they judge you. It's their right to decide what they find attractive. (You're the one who started a thread about women not owing men s*it. If they don't want to share their free time, living quarters, emotions, money, bodies and procreative opportunity with you, what right do you have to complain about it?)

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2014, 12:14 pm

Who says I'm complaining?And I have my own living quarters and don't expect someone to provide me with that.I don't believe I have ever put a man down becuse of appearance.I certainly don't expect someone to wear a suit and look all GQ.
Nobody owes anyone s**t,if I cook a man dinner I don't expect him to present me with a diamond brooch.He doesn't owe me anything.Well I guess both sexes are owed respect,but that's it.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2014, 2:37 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Who says I'm complaining?And I have my own living quarters and don't expect someone to provide me with that.I don't believe I have ever put a man down becuse of appearance.I certainly don't expect someone to wear a suit and look all GQ.
Nobody owes anyone sh**,if I cook a man dinner I don't expect him to present me with a diamond brooch.He doesn't owe me anything.Well I guess both sexes are owed respect,but that's it.

i agree completely.
you get it! :cheers:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 8:21 am

I'm pretty sure the women are in charge. In what context?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 2:33 pm

Women can think for themselves, therefore women can decide on what to their with their own bodies.

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 4:27 pm

I think women are in charge of their bodies and they choose to do 'unequal' things to them.

They wear high heels (which hurt and give bunions) or do epilating/waxing which hurts or even just wearing revealing clothes rather than t shirts and jeans as they just 'have' to be seen as sexy and attractive.

Ive noticed on comedy panel shows that the lesbian women dress the same as the men in smart blazer, shirt and short hair but the hetero women dress in sexy dresses and long big hair - it seems to me that hetero women cant let go of their need to attract men long enough to be truly equal.

In our culture we be cross about foot binding in china but wear 4 inch heels and be cross about vaginal circumcision but lop off our labia in fanny rejuvenation surgery.

I dont think women will ever achieve equality as I can not envision them ever bearing not being viewed as sexy and you cant teach a new cultural norm of sexy (high heels and stockings were not worn by cave men so are cultural not biological) if all the women are going along with it.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 5:19 pm

I've been constantly told by younger women that I should shave my chest; so spare me the victimization. lol

These messages are nice but they aren't women-only issues, the rape one looks bit off topic there tho; as it is much graver than being judged for hair legs and weight.

Let a man dyes his hair in red or wears a micro short and watch how frowned upon him they will be.

Also, women in families are usually the ones who do the shopping for their clothes and of their men's! We see far more women giving opinion to their guys about cloth choice (while shopping) than the other way; women are often in charge of the family's wardrobe.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 5:49 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I've been constantly told by younger women that I should shave my chest; so spare me the victimization. lol

These messages are nice but they aren't women-only issues, the rape one looks bit off topic there tho; as it is much graver than being judged for hair legs and weight.

Let a man dyes his hair in red or wears a micro short and watch how frowned upon him they will be.

Also, women in families are usually the ones who do the shopping for their clothes and of their men's! We see far more women giving opinion to their guys about cloth choice (while shopping) than the other way.

For some reason, these days, men are expected to look like this:

Instead of this:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 5:55 pm

lotusblossom wrote:
I think women are in charge of their bodies and they choose to do 'unequal' things to them.

They wear high heels (which hurt and give bunions) or do epilating/waxing which hurts or even just wearing revealing clothes rather than t shirts and jeans as they just 'have' to be seen as sexy and attractive.

Ive noticed on comedy panel shows that the lesbian women dress the same as the men in smart blazer, shirt and short hair but the hetero women dress in sexy dresses and long big hair - it seems to me that hetero women cant let go of their need to attract men long enough to be truly equal.

In our culture we be cross about foot binding in china but wear 4 inch heels and be cross about vaginal circumcision but lop off our labia in fanny rejuvenation surgery.

I dont think women will ever achieve equality as I can not envision them ever bearing not being viewed as sexy and you cant teach a new cultural norm of sexy (high heels and stockings were not worn by cave men so are cultural not biological) if all the women are going along with it.

And guys chose to take steroids and suspicious supplements to boost
muscles; 90% of the guys I know who regulary attend gyms take something.

Quote:

True, and male circ is a standardized process in many countries.
Hell, many women advocate for circ penises and that non-circ gross them.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 6:00 pm

Maybe younger women are too outspoken about chest or body hair,I would never tell a man to shave body hair or facial even tho I'm not into beards.It's not my face,so I don't have a right to say anything about it.
Depends on where the man wears the mini skirt and red hair,doubt anyone would notice or comment in cities like San Francisco or New York. :D
This isn't directed just at men,no where does the article say "Hey men,shut up",I've heard women make really mean comments about how other women are dressed,their weight and hair.Girls in middle school were more likely to say something evil about another girl,boys just flipped a booger or a spit wad.Neither is pleasant,but the effect of the words lasts longer and hurts more emotionally than a spit wad.
For example an older woman I know has beautiful long hair,the other women in her age group told her she should cut it becuse it was too "young" a look for a woman of her age.On the other hand men would admire her hair and tell her not to cut it,it was so lovely.

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 6:26 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Maybe younger women are too outspoken about chest or body hair,I would never tell a man to shave body hair or facial even tho I'm not into beards.It's not my face,so I don't have a right to say anything about it.
Depends on where the man wears the mini skirt and red hair,doubt anyone would notice or comment in cities like San Francisco or New York. :D
This isn't directed just at men,no where does the article say "Hey men,shut up",I've heard women make really mean comments about how other women are dressed,their weight and hair.Girls in middle school were more likely to say something evil about another girl,boys just flipped a booger or a spit wad.Neither is pleasant,but the effect of the words lasts longer and hurts more emotionally than a spit wad.
For example an older woman I know has beautiful long hair,the other women in her age group told her she should cut it becuse it was too "young" a look for a woman of her age.On the other hand men would admire her hair and tell her not to cut it,it was so lovely.

i wouldn't tell a guy to shave, either. in fact, the last guy i dated shaved his chest and i kept telling him i hoped he wasn't doing it for me because i actually like chest hair, but he seemed to prefer it that way (hairless)--yet he would complain all the time about it itching. let's just say there is lots of pressure on everybody, men and women, to dress/look/act a certain way, and it's not fair for any of us. i think everyone should work on embracing imperfection and variety instead of concentrating on perfection and conformity, because perfection and conformity as goals are neither healthy nor realistic.