Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2014, 12:56 pm

If you take meds for your autism what are they and what are they used for. I currently take abilify lithem and cogentan.

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2014, 1:03 pm

Magnesium for anxiety (200 mg per day). Magnesium has been found in studies to be just about as good as zoloft for anxiety / depression.

Nothing else at present.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2014, 1:44 pm

Morning: clonazepam .5mg, sertraline 100 mg, pantoprazole 40 mg

Night: trazodone 100mg, diltiazem 240mg, pantoprazole 40 mg

In the case of serious panic attacks; lorazepam 1 mg

YellowBanana
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 5:15 pm

Paroxetine 50mg - depression/anxiety
Aripiprazole 10mg - anxiety/self harm
Trazodone 50mg - night sedation/anxiety

Also Diazepam 5mg as required (I try to take it as little as possible and usually only take it when I'm struggling with intrusive obsessive thoughts of self harm - which is how my anxiety often expresses itself)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 6:46 am

Well nothing for the autism per say, I have a prescription of valium for anxiety and trazodone to help me sleep, since i have some trouble with that a lot of times, have tried anti-depressants to help my depression but haven't had any luck with any of the ones I've tried, not so sure its a pharmaceutical anti-depressant that would really help so currently not taking anything like that.

Aside from that I find cannabis helps relieve a lot of depression/anxiety stuff, but doesn't count as medications and much of the time do not think it would be taken seriously by mental health professionals that it is legitimately helpful for some people or at least relieves their suffering some without causing major side effects, depends on the professional though.