Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 4:18 am

Those of you whose minds are racing, are you being treated for anxiety?

I used to have that problem, but it was anxiety-related. My mind does not shut off either, but now at least I can go to sleep. I am not nearly as anxious as I used to be, but my mind will still think while I am asleep. I wake up thinking. Sometimes, it is the thinking that wakes me up! As soon as I get up in the morning, I'm on "go". (I am not on anxiety medication.)

I sometimes have problems (but not as much as I used to) actually falling asleep, even if I am tired. I notice all the process of falling asleep - slower breathing, slower heart rate, etc. and it freaks me about a bit. I prefer to not even know I am falling asleep - just boom, I'm out. This is one reason I don't go to bed too early and wait until I'm good and tired.

Do you drink enough water? Dehydration messes me up because I feel tired at weird times. I know I tend towards being dehydrated because I will forget to drink water, being absorbed in my activities. Make sure you drink plenty.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 5:31 am

Saying I have a problem with anxiety is an understatement. I feel like the very core of my personality is based around it. I hate being f*****g anxious all the time and I wish I could just not give a s**t like everyone else. Other people are so chill and relaxed and that's why they're able to get by day to day, it seems. I see the world for the dark, dreary, f****d up place that it is, and as a result I'm constantly on guard.

I should be on medication, but I'm not. Every time I talk to a doctor about it I'm given antidepressants, and while those help a little for anxiety, there's a reason why they're called anti-depressants; they're for f*****g depression, anxiety is only an off-label use. Not that I'm a stranger to depression either, I'm depressed all the time, but it doesn't f**k with my day-to-day life the way my anxiety does. I'd be less depressed if I weren't so anxious. I only wish I weren't so good at acting "normal", and that I weren't so conditioned to do so in public situations, as I'd probably be on better meds right now, and people would take me more seriously as a non-NT individual. It's hard to tell people I'm an aspie and that I have these issues when I often don't outwardly express it. People just see me as intellectual and introverted, and possibly a bit eccentric, not as someone with serious f*****g issues.

I keep thinking of trying GABA as it's supposed to help with these issues and you can get it without a prescription, as it's sold as a dietary supplement. Unfortunately, I'm broke so I can't buy any, and it's hard to find in pharmacies here. To get money I need to get another job, and to get another job I likely need to do something about my anxiety. :wall:

TL;DR I'm a nervous wreck and I have the sleep schedule of a vampire.