Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2014, 11:03 pm

Empathy, compassion are good. But its going to be on a veritable battlefield, so you got to do it while watching out for the madness around you. Politcal systems are flawed as you say, but basically mutual protection societies. People, the masses, are incapable of rising above animal instincts. Not yet at least.

Spectacles
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Sep 2014, 11:50 pm

I've only found 3 non-conformists in my lifetime, and those were the times that I've felt the most sane. I'm not sure how one keeps pride, hope, sanity, and motivation when there is no one else who views the world in a similar manner nearby. How do you find these folk? How do you stay "with it" until you do? I've met some folks who are aware of the fact that the world doesn't have any good reason for being as sh***y as it is, but they somehow shrug it off and don't give a flying pit. Where's the balance? How to prevent this from becoming an obsession?

Evil_Chuck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Sep 2014, 3:15 am

Taking pride in my autism sounds as unappealing as being ashamed of it. I don't need to be proud, I just want to be satisfied and secure, two goals I've never truly been able to reach. When I can't cope with life in an NT world, or be honest about my differences for fear of driving away the few people who still care, there isn't much of a way forward.

FUNNY DEATH METAL LYRICS OF THE WEEK: 'DEMON'S WIND' BY VADER
Clammy frog descends
Demon's wind, the stars answer your desire
Join the undead, that's the place you'll never leave
You wanna die... but death cannot do us apart...