Page 5 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

cav
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Jun 2011, 12:20 pm

Quote:
Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:03 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for all of the candid discussions of Robert Crumb and his current life.

I don't have any old recordings of anything, but I do love listening to old-time radio shows whenever they are on, especially on one of my restored radios from the period, and they are a tremendous window on the times and places where they were created. And yes, I too want to be able to sample some of the titles from his music collection.

Also, do you have any ideas when Robert might again be back in the USA, perhaps including another stop or two here in Wisconsin?

Mike

He often comes to the US once a year or so. He has family in Minnesota but with his 2nd grandchild due in Dec and Robert's dislike of flying, there is a good chance that his US visits may begin to decrease in the near future....on the other hand, he's going to Australia for about 10 days in mid-August so who knows? I'm hoping he'll find someone to guide him to some great old Indonesian 78's while he's down there!

catlover02
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Jun 2011, 9:08 pm

absalom wrote:
I just saw the film "Crumb" and was very much struck that Robert and both of his brothers displayed many autistic traits. It was glaringly obvious. One brother (Charles, who committed suicide a year after the filming) never left home after high school but was quite brilliant and well spoken. The other brother was a hermit living in San Fransisco. All the brother were shunned by society except Robert, once he became famous. I listened to the commentary provided with the DVD and the commentators kept saying, "I don't know how they could be so brilliant but so messed up." It was very obvious to me.

Where did you see "Crumb" at or did you buy the DVD? How can I see that movie?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 4:50 pm

is Cav still with us?

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 6:46 pm

If you PM her, she might get an email notification.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 6:48 pm

^^^I will try that but I fear that the same thing that chased others away from here did to her also.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 4:00 am

I wasn't aware that anything had happened at WP to chase members away. It must have happened during my absence.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 3:47 pm

trolls who shall be unnamed, have caused an exodus of aspies to other sites, over the years.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2021, 4:25 pm

oh yeah they were all incredibly messed up. even the most well adjusted one, who definitely has some strong Asperger pathology going on. the others seem schizophrenic. talented artists though. crumb can be quite astute, but is still a poor example of how to be. from pill-popping half baked mother to brutal sadist authoritarian father to the creative yet warped sons the whole family was disturbed. crumb is just the best adapted, most successful, but still comes off as a weirdo.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2021, 6:50 pm

theprisoner wrote:
oh yeah they were all incredibly messed up. even the most well adjusted one, who definitely has some strong Asperger pathology going on. the others seem schizophrenic. talented artists though. crumb can be quite astute, but is still a poor example of how to be. from pill-popping half baked mother to brutal sadist authoritarian father to the creative yet warped sons the whole family was disturbed. crumb is just the best adapted, most successful, but still comes off as a weirdo.

"Asperger pathology"... "messed up"... "a poor example of how to be"... "warped"... "disturbed"... "weirdo".... Pretty judgemental for someone on an autism site. You'd probably have similar sneering words for a lot of the members here, including myself.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2021, 7:19 pm

Benjamin the Donkey wrote:

"Asperger pathology"... "messed up"... "a poor example of how to be"... "warped"... "disturbed"... "weirdo".... Pretty judgemental for someone on an autism site. You'd probably have similar sneering words for a lot of the members here, including myself.

You can have Asperger pathology, and be all those things. They're not Angels. In fact one was a admitted molester. Come back when you saw the movie.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 8:29 am

theprisoner wrote:
Benjamin the Donkey wrote:

You can have Asperger pathology, and be all those things. They're not Angels. In fact one was a admitted molester. Come back when you saw the movie.

I saw it in a theater when it came out, and twice since. And it's asperger syndrome, not pathology. Come back when you know the difference.