Warner Brothers 46%  46%  [ 12 ]
Both 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
Neither 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 26

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2014, 12:59 am

When it comes to classic cartoons from the US, are you a Disney or a WB?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2014, 1:41 am

I voted for WB. I just find Bugs, Daffy, Elmer, Marvin, and all the others much funnier than Disney. Plus, WB has always been more accessible on TV since I was a kid.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

08 Aug 2014, 7:41 am

When america got rid of the bugs bunny road runner show, and made kids cartoons, with superheroes, sponge bob, and shows like the power rangers, the world was not a better place. :cry:

If you don't like Speedy Gonzales, and Yosemite Sam there is something very wrong with you.

Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Bruce Lee.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2014, 9:43 am

I chose Warner Bros. because I have long doubted the true intent of all things Disney:

?The Department of Defense (DOD) has been interested in Disney Amusement Parks for decades. Known as Operation Mickey Mouse, the DOD has been studying Disney?s use of technology and coercion techniques. The DOD has also been working in conjunction with Disney to collect information on Beta testing operations that the popular theme park uses on their customers. Best of all, who would ever suspect Disney of being a front for the US government?? http://www.occupycorporatism.com/disney ... of-defense

?Disney has never shied away from using biometrics -- for example it uses finger-based technology at the entrance to its theme parks in Florida. On the cruise ship, however, the biometrics are being used in a different, more friendly way. [...] Facial recognition is also used to sort out the vast numbers of photos that are taken on the ship and on Disney?s private Castaway Cay Island. Professional photographers take pictures of kids and their families, with and without characters.? http://www.planetbiometrics.com/article-details/i/504

?In early 1996, Disney began a new biometric system to identify users of annual and seasonal passes abandoning the use of a barcoded laminated photo ID pass. The new pass deceptively contained no visual evidence of identity through the inclusion of an invisible unique personal identifier in the form of a fingerprint map. The barcode was replaced by a magnetic strip that now contained the fingerprint map, the pass holder?s name, and the expiration date of the pass.? https://www.epic.org/privacy/themepark

?The New York Times suggested in a report on the development that Disney characters roaming the park could use the information transmitted by the wristbands to greet visiting children by name, and even wish them happy birthday if it was their birthday. [?] Of course, such devices will fit right in at Disney World, along with the TSA style checkpoints at rides, the fingerprint readers at the turnstiles, the exhibits on how wonderful GMO agriculture is, and all manner of other disturbing projects implemented at Disney resorts.? http://www.prisonplanet.com/kids-visiti ... bands.html

Disney ?hands over to the [U.S. Department of Defense] all data on their customers.? http://www.occupycorporatism.com/disney ... of-defense

Sorry, Disney fans....

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2014, 11:33 am

On top of that, Walt Disney was a flaming assh*le, an Antisemite, and had cooperated in the Red Scare with blacklists that destroyed people's lives and careers.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2014, 11:43 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
On top of that, Walt Disney was a flaming assh*le, an Antisemite, and had cooperated in the Red Scare with blacklists that destroyed people's lives and careers.

And fired anybody (mostly actors) who he believed were LGBT.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2014, 11:48 am

AspieUtah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

And fired anybody (mostly actors) who he believed were LGBT.

That too!

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2014, 1:51 pm

Warner Brothers, definitely. I find them a lot funnier.
Although I admit to being very curious as to how a fight between Donald and Daffy would go.:chin:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2014, 3:56 pm

Warner Brothers cartoons were sharper and more sarcastic, and a fair bit more zany as well... (Disney was too, in its early days, but later on.. ugh.) I love me some disney shows, but WB is up a notch in my particular preferences.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2014, 4:58 pm

Warner Brothers, because Looney Tunes easily cracks me up.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2014, 3:03 pm

^yep. i had a lot of old Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies VHS tapes from the 90s and early 2000s, buy my mom threw most of them out, sadly. :cry:

my dad likes WB because it gave him his nickname...Speedy Gonzales.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2014, 2:04 pm

^^
I still have an old Looney Tunes VHS tape that my sister and I grew up watching together, so if you ever decide to visit Portland, I'll be more than happy to give the old VHS tape to you.

My sister is a Looney Tunes fan because it gave her a nickname of Daffy Duck.

Berrylicious
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Aug 2014, 3:43 pm

I watched more Mickey Mouse than Bugs Bunny. I was kind of on the Disney side until I came across something negative about Disney. I didn't know he was a bigot.

I've read some fairy tales that were adapted by Disney, except that he changed the story lines, probably to keep up with so called American values.

I find the Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy cartoons funny compare to watching Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck. Mickey wore gloves first, Donald didn't have pants first and Mickey was the hunter first and Pluto as his companion first. I think the Warner Bros copied them off. Sorry WB fans. Never mind Walt's bigotry, I just enjoyed the cartoons.

llee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Aug 2014, 1:52 am

I've never really watched anything Disney. Think people find that odd. Bambi, Dumbo, The Jungle Book to Toy Story, nope. Never appealed to me. It was always that The Bugs Bunny/Road-Runner Movie from 79. I could probably still watch that now and enjoy it. Most people over a certain age will probably have seen some of it like the Bugs/Bull fight scene. Lotsa classic stuff in there.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2014, 1:28 pm

llee wrote:
I've never really watched anything Disney. Think people find that odd. Bambi, Dumbo, The Jungle Book to Toy Story, nope. Never appealed to me.

never watched any of those movies. just Toy Story 1, once. i understand how the computer animation would have been seen as revolutionary back in the day, but now that it's advanced so far, watching that movie now is kind of visually jarring. the actual people look not too different than the dolls. :?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.